417 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There is some twitter chatter that RBNY have been shopping Felipe.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

There is some twitter chatter that RBNY have been shopping Felipe.

CM is where we have depth.

Parker for TAM/GAM, depending on the amount, is a no brainer.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Im not sure how I feel if we lose Felipe, feel like he wasn't as good last year as he was teamed up next to Dax. Feel like i forgot he existed alot.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Felipe ain't young no more.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Parker for Garber Bucks would be a great deal.  For Felipe, I really do not know without having seen Rzatkowski play.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
Conor Lade also from St John's. About my reference that no one caught-- ny state of mind referred to Billy Joel also from Hicksville.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

#CatholicVoltron ?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Rza, Adams, Davis, Casseres, Valot, and Bezecourt make this worth listening to.

Would rather keep Felipe, get rid of the GAM or TAM we aren't going to use anyway.

Interested to see if this goes through and how.
Never good as a player who is on social media quite a bit to see his name as shopped around MLS.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

yeah, wouldn't mind keeping Felipe either and doing it the TAM/GAM route for getting Parker. 

Conor Lade also from St John's. About my reference that no one caught-- ny state of mind referred to Billy Joel also from Hicksville.

A CB pairing of "Parker Long Can't Lose".

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Felipe ain't young no more.

Felipe, Rzat and Royer are all 27. He ain't old.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

This edition of RBNY is Logan's Run. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Only thing I am curious about is what price Vancouver is looking for because the only comp we have have similar prolfile is Walker Zimmerman for $250k TAM, 250k GAM and top allocation spot (which Dallas sold for $400k TAM to jump up from #6).  That would put his value at ~$650k TAM and 250k GAM.  Parker may be worth a bit less than that but should be close to that price.

That being said, I get the deal done at those levels.  Allows us to take our time making sure Redding is ready when he begins to play more and we add arguably our best CB who is at a good age, who doesn't take an international spot as well.  If when Escobar goes to World Cup Collin was also injured we would have to play Long and Redding with Ndam as the first backup?  To quote Randy Jackson "that's a no from me".  Get this done ASAP, and especially do not let the smurfs get this done

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Parker for allocation money is a no brainer, even if you have to give him a big raise. I wonder what kind of salary he wants, considering that he's only on $100k at the moment.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Rza, Adams, Davis, Casseres, Valot, and Bezecourt make this worth listening to.

Would rather keep Felipe, get rid of the GAM or TAM we aren't going to use anyway.

Worth listening to, but Rapinoe is a loan, Adams is probably gone in the near-ish term, and the rest are bound to be slightly above average MLs players at best? Casseres can maybe go higher.

Im not a huge Felipe fan, but I dont see anybody who will be better and here for the long term in the pipeline behind him. If hes not keeping someone who might be better on the bench, playing youth probably isnt the right move. Also the dudes 27 and probably just now hitting his prime.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If they pull this off for just allocation money it will be the best trade they've made since I started following the team. Long & Parker easily has the potential to be an elite pairing for years.

If Felipe is going the other way, I think we'll survive this year but will need to start planning for that position in 2019 immediately. Everyone's expecting Adams to be gone, Rzatkowski's loan did not come with a team option to buy, its not Davis's strongest position, and everyone else on the roster (Casseres, Valot, Bezecourt) are totally unproven in MLS. Not to mention that no matter your feelings on Felipe's antics, he's clearly a leader on this team. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users