269 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,374 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Lol what a joke of a window. So a wash at RB, another project attacker and a dude off waivers from bloody Houston.

Edwards really hasnt played fullback or wingback this year. Hes mostly played as the right CB in a 3 man backline both seasons he was here.

Weve upgraded right back or RWB with Duncan over D. Nealis & Harper, the two primary options in those positions recently. The question is, is Reyes and Edwards a push? I dont know, Reyes will need to stay heathy before we can even answer that.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,374 posts

Mark Fishkin asked today, and also confirmed he was only one of two people to even join the presser

Struber says Edwards' absence "is a problem" but that the team has to respect his personal reasons for being away from the club.

We all knew Edward's top priority would be playing for Stoke if he thought it was a possibility, so this shouldn't come as a shock. I was just hoping they'd let him see out the entire season.

It should also be noted that Edwards partner is pregnant and back in England. He mentioned that on the Lade Out podcast (which is pretty awful btw). That could be a factor, in addition to wanting to play for Stoke.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
At the present moment if Edwards is healthy, and if Stoke want him back, and if he will actually get on the field for them right now, then he has to do it. Its his boyhood club. Last time he waited until the end of the MLS season, got hurt, and wound up back in NJ.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I listened to the interview, someone asked if he is officially gone or coming back. Struber said something like this: It is a difficult question. He is away now, we have a problem without him. We have a contract with him, but he is not available right now for personal reasons, also for the next weeks. 

What does that actually mean? Probably he wants to be back with Stoke and just left, giving his child being born soon as the reason. Once the child is born, it feels like Struber still thinks he might come back, not ready to admit otherwise yet.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Edwards really hasnt played fullback or wingback this year. Hes mostly played as the right CB in a 3 man backline both seasons he was here.

Weve upgraded right back or RWB with Duncan over D. Nealis & Harper, the two primary options in those positions recently. The question is, is Reyes and Edwards a push? I dont know, Reyes will need to stay heathy before we can even answer that.

So? We have the roster space for all of them. In a 3 man backline, being able to roll out Reyes/Long/Edward with Tolkin and Duncan as wingbacks is a hell of a backline. In a 4 man backline, Edwards is a really solid RB. Instead, Dylan Nealis will be the depth at RCB and RB.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,374 posts

So? We have the roster space for all of them. In a 3 man backline, being able to roll out Reyes/Long/Edward with Tolkin and Duncan as wingbacks is a hell of a backline. In a 4 man backline, Edwards is a really solid RB. Instead, Dylan Nealis will be the depth at RCB and RB.

Yea, I just posititon wise, not overall.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Mark Fishkin confirmed he was only one of two people to even join the presser

Who was the other? Pretty soon no one?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Who was the other?

Struber

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,729 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

EFried

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts

Struber

😂

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Feuerstein

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Watched part of the Stoke match. Their right back (Taylor?) is awful. Kind of surprised they haven't officially ended the Edwards loan yet.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

We need this guy back. The team just fell apart the moment he left.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

He is gone for good, Struber said he is not expecting him back now. We knew it really, but this is the first time Struber acknowledged it. Big loss, and reinforcements are not on the way. The only chance for improvement at this time is perhaps Ngoma returning, which Struber said will not be soon.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,767 posts

Reminds me of a young Billy Crystal watching Shane with Billie Holiday. As Brandon deWilde calls Shane's name, Billie says, "He ain't never coming back."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users