Struber to Man U??

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
What would be his next move? Isnt it assumed Ralf is out after 6 months to take a consulting role?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He would not be the first Metro coach to become Man U assistant...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Further reinforcement of the observation that "this is not a rebuild, this is an ongoing tear down."      

Rebuild implies improvement.    Here, we are lucky to replace what is taken away.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

What would be his next move? Isnt it assumed Ralf is out after 6 months to take a consulting role?

6 Months as an assistant at Man U is probably greater resume building than 1 more year at NYRB...,

I hope this isnt the case, but I have said before that red bull global views coaches like players - develop and move on. 

Thelwell seems to be the key component to continuity here for me. Not saying he did a perfect job, but losing Thelwell is probably a worse hit than losing Struber. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Not saying he did a perfect job, but losing Thelwell is probably a worse hit than losing Struber. 

Only because Hamlett would take over. :(

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
If this rumor is real, Struber is gone in 60 seconds. He always struck me as an arrogant climber with more fluff than substance. Gotta keep jumping clubs to stay ahead of that realization.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

If this rumor is real, Struber is gone in 60 seconds. He always struck me as an arrogant climber with more fluff than substance. Gotta keep jumping clubs to stay ahead of that realization.

Not happening. Gerhard loves his boys in New York.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

It would be hilarious if Struber leaves to become an assistant at Man U.  A new chapter in the annals of Metro absurdities. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Only because Hamlett would take over. :(

Don't even suggest that as a possibility (as much as it is one).

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

It would be hilarious if Struber leaves to become an assistant at Man U.  A new chapter in the annals of Metro absurdities. 

the sorta sad part is this did not happen in season like RSL.  look at where they are now......

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Struber was off to a terrible start, but then improved to the point where I want to see what he can do next year, hopefully with better talent. So, at this point I would not want him to leave. If he does leave however, I think Bradley Carnell is a very good coach too, so it will not be the end of the world. Worst case scenario - Carnell goes to expansion team and Struber leaves. Then we are screwed. 

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Jesse marsch is on the hot seat in Leipzig. If Struber does end up going to Man U than hopefully Leipzig sends marsch our way to save some money on his contract.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i would have no issue if Struber left and they hired Carnell honestly also.  i like how Struber organizes a defense but there are questions to ask about our attacking approaching and his tactically rigid view on player roles.  United just better pay that buyout in the contract

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Jesse marsch is on the hot seat in Leipzig.

Marsch & several players have been out with Covid.
https://m.dw.com/en/...usen/a-59963276
https://amp.dw.com/e...rlin/a-60014657

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users