91 replies to this topic

#31 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

Domino's and Little Ceasars were not part of the equation.

Exactly, but those define Detroit pizza. Where did the guy go in Chicago? Probably Domino's.

EDIT: Anyone can review pizza from an isolated restaurant. I've had pizza in Chicago every bit as good as pizza from Rome. I've had a "New York Slice" here that's exactly the same. A review of a city's brand shouldn't be about individual pizzas from random restaurants.

#32 fireloco98

fireloco98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Interests:soccer, music, different beers
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Might as well brag about how many places serve ketchup on their hot dogs, too.

:blink:

#33 WolfmanHasNards!

WolfmanHasNards!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Exactly, but those define Detroit pizza. Where did the guy go in Chicago? Probably Domino's.

EDIT: Anyone can review pizza from an isolated restaurant. I've had pizza in Chicago every bit as good as pizza from Rome. I've had a "New York Slice" here that's exactly the same. A review of a city's brand shouldn't be about individual pizzas from random restaurants.

But he didn't base his results on "an isolated restaurant". The cities were ranked overall by all of the places he visited. He even has a top 25 list of the best individual places for pizza (in this case a Chicago joint is ranked first).

http://slice.serious...us-america.html

#34 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

P.S. People order from there because it's cheap. You think Chicagoans would honestly get it over Chicago stuffed if they were the same price range?

Giordanos' in is the same price range. And, again, it gets beat by the Detroit and other chains.

Nutjobs? Chicagoland? Right wing nut jobs? How about that dairy guy who hates illegals but hires them? Had his fucking ass handed to him and rightfully so. To me, there really isn;t that much diff between the two, but like twins, maybe that is what keeps the hate going or something.

#35 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

:blink:

Don't brag about the variety of places that serve food that is not traditionally thought of as "Chicago style."

I still say thick crust is what people think of when you say "Chicago style pizza." I don't care how many places serve thin crust, but that's something Ben thinks is a plus for Chicago.

#36 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

Exactly, but those define Detroit pizza.

Says who?

#37 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

Says who?

Oh, you're right, the idiot that wrote the review does.

:rolleyes:

#38 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

Oh, you're right, the idiot that wrote the review does.

:rolleyes:

That he ate a Domino's in Chicago and based his review of pizza in Chicago on that? :blink: Seriously....pizza pie smack, Ben?? Save the good stuff for the BS boards?

edit: I read the both article and the blog. I must have missed where he defined Detroit pizza by Domino's and/or Little Caesar's.

#39 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

Seriously....pizza pie smack, Ben?? Save the good stuff for the BS boards?

Tell it it Micah, he brought it here.

Have you ever had pizza in Detroit? Like I said, I've had it plenty of times and it's like bubble gum.

#40 WolfmanHasNards!

WolfmanHasNards!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Have you ever had pizza in Detroit? Like I said, I've had it plenty of times and it's like bubble gum.

I brought the pie talk but I wasn't the first to venture away from the hawkey talk.

#41 jokerman326

jokerman326

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:02 PM

Bad, bad Micah. LOL

I've had pizza all over the country. Honestly, I like pizza regardless of the style of crust. An undercooked Giordano's from one of the restaurants (which I have had) is like bubblegum, too. To me, there really isn't that much difference between the "styles." For me, it's in the sauce and toppings.

back to the topic of Detroit sucks (and I am guessing it's really about the Hawks-Wings playoffs)... I didn't follow them when half their games were televised and broadcast in English on the radio, when they got loads of free press from the tv stations and newspapers, yet still drew fewer fans than the Fire, so I really don't see the need to follow them now. I just don't get why Detroit "sucks." It's not like they are C-bust, NY, LA... or anywhere in Texas or the Deep South.

I wish it was cooler out so I could go to the local "sports bar" and wear my replica Hasek Czech national team jersey and see if all the "DETROIT SUCKS!!!" self-professed die-hard lifelong Hawks fans even notice. And I will still ask myself where the fuck they were before this year when the Hawks were playing in town... 'cuz they were not at the rink.. and not at home or a bar watching them on tv...

I did notice that Detroit has 1 more American player on their roster (6), and Chicago's roster is dominated by Canadians (Detroit has 8), if that means anything to you guys.

#42 dpm

dpm

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

#43 greene

greene

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

If it makes you guys feel any better....the Tribune ran a story on Bob Probert today and he is rooting for the Hawks in the series.

It made me feel a little better.

This is the best thing I've read in years. I can now sleep easier at night.

Its really the moral victories that get you through the day.

#44 rednow.red4ever

rednow.red4ever

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Reds of the Windy City

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

Giordanos' in is the same price range. And, again, it gets beat by the Detroit and other chains.

Man, you're so completely out of touch with reality on this issue, I'm not even gonna argue with you about it. You're honestly trying so hard to defend this that it comes off as ignorant.

Little Cesar's medium is $5. Giordano's stuffed medium is about $14.
Our friends will never walk alone.

#45 rednow.red4ever

rednow.red4ever

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Reds of the Windy City

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

I still find it funny that most of the people defending Detroit are doing it from a "safe distance."
Our friends will never walk alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users