#46 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

He'll jab and run the whole fight leading to a victory. It sucks, but thats how he's gotten his wins.

Technically Mayweather is one of the greats. However, people that like to see actual fights hate him. Remember early in his career how he was so pissed that HBO pimped fighters like Trinidad, Hamed and de la Hoya? Floyd would bitch every interview that he wasn't getting respect. People respect you Floyd, they just don't like watching you fight.

You're spot on.

What I saw last night is that Paquiao will not be able to KO Mayweather. Also, Paquiao can get himself into a lot of trouble if he chases Mayweather the whole fight.

Although it would break all pay-per-view records, not quite sure any more that it will be an exciting fight. But, everyone will be watching.

The only thing holding up this fight is money and because of it, it might not happen soon. Let the negotiating begin.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#47 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:59 PM

A few minutes ago I received this press release from Floyd Mayweather Jr.:

"Manny Pacquiao is the fighter and every time someone asks him if he wants to fight me, he says it is up to his promoter, he's going to take a vacation, whatever the answer is. I have yet to hear him actually say, 'yes I want to fight Mayweather.' We are the fighters and if one fighter is talking about fighting another fighter, then they should just come out and say it. Manny Pacquiao doesn't say anything directly about fighting me because he might just know it's not a fight he can win."
"He said during an interview he did leading up to his fight that he didn't think I wanted to fight him and that boxing for me was just a business and I wasn't interested in a good fight. But again, he never said during that interview that he would fight me. Why is he talking about what I won't do instead of what he wants to do? Plain and simple, it's because he knows he can't beat me under any circumstances."
"Less than an hour after his fight Saturday night the talk turns back to me. Their whole promotion was just a Mayweather sweepstakes. They know it and anyone could figure that out. Why, because my name kept coming up and I didn't even say anything. Even when he was interviewed on ESPN by Brian Kenny, he was asked about fighting me and what did he say? Not 'yes I want to fight Mayweather or bring it on.' But no! He said 'hum, ahh, well talk to my promoter."
"The world is much more intrigued by the thought of someone fighting me who can beat me. That is what everyone wants to see and the boxing world is trying to find that guy. Manny Pacquiao's people have done a good job of creating an image of him to be this unbelievable fighter and now the so-called guy to beat me. But like all the rest, he's not the one."
"There is boxing and then there is me. The rest are just falling in line behind me or are trying to get in line to fight me. And that includes Manny Pacquiao too."

"Tell Manny Pacquiao to be his own man and stop letting everyone, including his loudmouth trainer, talk for him. I am my own boss, speak for myself and tell it like it is. If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight me, all he has to do is step up to the plate and say it himself."

I'm willing to bet Manny floors this clown in the 3rd or 4th round and runs around the rest of the fight.

I recall seeing the Pacman actually say he wants to fight Mayweather, but $$$$ won't admit to it.

Mayweather knows once he gets into the ring with Manny the undefeated streak will come to an end.

#48 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

i want this fight to happen. i say it does. i'm guessing sometime in march.

of course i want to see pacquiao destroy mayweather but i dunno if he'll KO him. pacman may drop him but not a KO. plus i think mayweather is too scared to fight toe to toe. i predict mayweather runs around the whole night trying to avoid pacman.

LETS GET IT ON!
Twitter

#49 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

Looks like the early groundwork PR for a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is being laid...

The first stone has been cast, let's see what happens next....

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#50 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

Highest selling PPV of alltime, all hype, the fight fails to live up to it as Floyd spends the entire fight being a coward and running away, wins in 12

#51 Chicken Noodle

Chicken Noodle

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Female DJ's and B-Girls!
  • Supports:B Girls, Female DJ'S, Zankou!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

What would you guys think if Freddie and Manny came up with a strategy where Manny would let the fight come to him. See I'm thinking what if Manny takes the outside of the ring and kind of baits Floyd. He could then use that quick "in and out circling" to get Floyd against the ropes or corners and then just throw hand combos.

Do you guys think it would work or would it just be a staring contest? Hard to believe there would be a staring contest with Manny involved, he's proven to be the most exciting and PHENOMENAL fighter of his time.
The boogeyman is afraid of Chuck Norris. But before Chuck Norris goes to sleep, he checks his closet to make sure GEORGE PARROS isn't there.

xxxEDGExxx

Murderers Row=Shinya Aoki, Takanori Gomi, Manny PACQUIAO, Joachim Hansen, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Clay Guida, Gilbert Melendez, Kid Yamamoto, MACH Sakurai!

#52 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

Pacman will have to attack in hope of knocking out mayweather. if it goes 12 rounds then mayweather wins on points.

#53 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

What would you guys think if Freddie and Manny came up with a strategy where Manny would let the fight come to him. See I'm thinking what if Manny takes the outside of the ring and kind of baits Floyd. He could then use that quick "in and out circling" to get Floyd against the ropes or corners and then just throw hand combos.

Do you guys think it would work or would it just be a staring contest? Hard to believe there would be a staring contest with Manny involved, he's proven to be the most exciting and PHENOMENAL fighter of his time.

just don't think mayweather would take the bait. but, i think pacquiao should not chase him all night. that would be a big mistake.

i think with the aggressiveness of pacman, mayweather has no choice but to fight.

we shall see. i still believe the match will take place in march. hopefully during my bday weekend. that would be awesome.
Twitter

#54 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:06 AM

agreement reached
Twitter

#55 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:48 AM

agreement reached

Posted Image

#56 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

Green stops Jones in first round
i really hope roy stops fighting. IMO, roy was the best fighter since tyson . . . and i hate to see a great fighter hang around too long. when you start getting beat by the likes of no name fighters, it is time to hang them up.

i will always remember roy as the most skilled boxer since sugar ray lenard. others may differ with my opinion, but technically speaking this guy was just amazing. the only thing i regret is how many fighters ran from his division while he was in his prime.

one thing people have to give roy credit for was his mindset to fight anyone anywhere. dude never backed down, and in todays boxing world that is something really rare.

#57 ESCO

ESCO

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts
  • Supports:LAG | LFC

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:11 PM

Green vs Jones Fight

#58 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

Green vs Jones Fight

That was bad. the most overrated boxer is now in retirement.

#59 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

Green vs Jones Fight

for years now all the guy has been doing is collecting checks.
Twitter

#60 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

Green vs Jones Fight

oh goodness, that was just awful and should have been stopped 30 - 45 seconds before the ref finally did it.

That was bad. the most overrated boxer is now in retirement.

overrated now (and for past 5 years or so), yep. in his prime, hell no. there is a reason why every fighter that should have been in his weight class ran like a dog with its tail between its legs.

for years now all the guy has been doing is collecting checks.

from the standpoint that he hasn't put on a good show since beating tarver back in 2003, yes. but i don't think he went into any of the fights just for the money, you have to realize how big this guys ego was. i seriously believe roy thought he could find that old form and be the fighter he was back in 2002 and 2003.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users