Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Nani's age doesn't fit the profile. ORL will need more than him, though. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Nani's age doesn't fit the profile. ORL will need more than him, though. 

True. But theres no way that team is going to be that bad again. Theyre not San Jose...theres some talent on that team. Maybe with the right coach/system theyll challenge for a playoff spot

5 year plan

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Sebastián Villa is being rumored to Galaxy
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sebastián Villa is being rumored to Galaxy

No idea how they fit him under the cap.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Surely, you jest.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

It's mls changes the rules as they go... It's a single entity, it all comes down to how involved the owner is with his franchise and if he can get the other owners to bend the rules so they can lump talent up and win the cup....

NYRB need to stop gambling or hoping that they catch that lightning in the bottle with the idea of mediocre guys working as a unit and needing to play better individually then they've ever had in order to overcome lack of talent and creativity and poise....

Go out and invest... Get someone with proven talent. Someone that has come up clutch before and sign them up

As fans at best we can do is be vocal like how we were when they fired Petke and demand... But they problem with that is organizing it and also the chance that it will be misinterpreted as an insult or lack of faith...

Quiet the opposite.. This is as close as it's probably gonna get for a while....

They need to hedge their bets, not discard their philosophy or even give up on their current attacking players but add to it and try to push the chances of scoring clutch playoff goals over the top.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Getting back to random names

Orlando Berrío
Andrés Ibargüen
Cristian Insaurralde
Ricardo Centurion
Sebastián Villa
Yimmi Chara
Matías Zaracho
Matías Rojas
Pablo Aranguiz
Yacine Brahimi
Chucky Lozano
Nicolás De La Cruz

Guys like Lozano would be a feather in the cap ala Pity Martínez move... I can see Lozano or Chara or Brahimi having Almiron type impact and attention.

All the other guys would easily be MLS all stars Centurion and Berrío are the only one with temperament problems as far as arguing and such.

Matías Rojas would be ideal for June as his contract is up and style wise ideal fit shoots with both feet and has speed and plays for a team that plays a fast pace so press won't be a tactical stretch.

De la Cruz from River would probably have the least difficult time adapting tactically as River love the high press and some games play a middle zone press as well. And with Quintero playing out of this world lately in River he might see his minutes disappear.

If I had my choice of only one I'd go all out and get Chucky but he's the most far fetched idea of the list above.

If I couldn't get him I personally would love to see Andrés Ibargüen and Orlando Berrío and why not Cristian Insaurralde and Pablo Aranguiz as well they're tho most clutch on the list added... They would be cheaper to acquire than Kaku was...

If we're I were pressed to say what I think this FO would choose from my list I'd say they'd be most likely to consider Matias Rojas. Or Yimmi Chara or Villa or Berrío if they continue to ask for a Transfer out of their clubs...

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I stopped reading at Chucky Lozano. We're supposed to outbid some of the biggest clubs in the world, and one of the rising young stars is going to want to leave Europe to come play in MLS? Come on man.

Fwiw transfermarkt has him at a 40M euro market value.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Come on man.

Had to be said.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

...one of the rising young stars is going to want to leave Europe to come play in MLS?...

What are you talking about?!?!? We already signed a rising young star from Europe!

;)

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

I stopped reading at Chucky Lozano. We're supposed to outbid some of the biggest clubs in the world, and one of the rising young stars is going to want to leave Europe to come play in MLS? Come on man.

Fwiw transfermarkt has him at a 40M euro market value.

Lozano aside... Clubs are always looking for young starlets and upgrades. The list was more of what kind of playing style would be great for NYRB. But the remainder of the list are rumored to be considering transferring clubs

This group is close to winning it all. But it needs to add much more talent.

Matías Rojas...

Matías Zaracho...

Berrío, Chara, Ibargüen cristian Insaurralde...
All would be great options and very attainable.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

they spent around $2.5m for Jorgensen. that's the range. 

spending $6m+ on Kaku will happen infrequently. spending $2.5m is more their speed. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Those are projects... And that's good but I wish there would be more vocal demand for them to be more aggressive with transfers...

And also being a little bit more flexible in what style of player they get... Perfect example, Juan Fernando Quintero was once rumored with MLS... Now he's killing it... He isn't the high press winger... But he surely could have played behind BWP.. And at the time he was cheaper than Kaku...

Maybe they should think of players that maybe aren't ideal for NYRB high press 4231 but maybe they're great Second Strikers in a 442 or they great CAM in a 4312... And let those guys slowly mesh with the attacking core of Kaku, Royer and BWP.. Because if they do that then maybe for $2-4 million they'll end up getting a over looked guy that will turn out to play like a $10-15 mil transfer calibre player.....

Like a Cristian Insaurralde or maybe spend just a tad bit more for a Ignacio Fernández... And try to get a Sebastián Villa or Orlando Berrío or Matías Rojas

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
In addition to the names that I think have been attainable like a Cristian Insaurralde, Orlando Berrío, Yimmi Chara, Sebastián Villa.. Possibly Nacho Fernández...

If money is a issue which that's just facts...

Then go for more wonderkids... They went after the Danish kid...

Why not Pedro de la Vega https://youtu.be/08ofjnyeggk

Or

Gonzalo Maroni
https://youtu.be/QJLxELVnJNo

Matías Zaracho https://youtu.be/OO7sAe639iQ

Or Julián Quiñones that has 20 goals and 5 assists in 55 matches in México and is only 21 years old.... https://youtu.be/Ju4h1aIRHiA

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

my guess is whoever they bring HAS to bust their ass and press. that's why we'll see RM/W by committee. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users