Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
·
16m Denis Hamlett just said the team needs to bring in "difference makers."

That's the quote that means everything. Hopefully they actually do it.  He didn't seem reserved to losing Sims, so maybe we can keep him.

If we could keep Kaku and Sims, then the significant additions should be at striker and the 6 position.  If we can't keep Sims, then I would try to add someone at that position and ride with White and Barlow up top.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

DO IT MILO. Then get fired in 6 months for flipping a table when your recommendations are completely ignored for some 4th division player from Europe.

please video this.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Kristian Dyer@KristianRDyer
·16mDenis Hamlett just said the team needs to bring in "difference makers."

That's the quote that means everything. Hopefully they actually do it.  He didn't seem reserved to losing Sims, so maybe we can keep him.

If we could keep Kaku and Sims, then the significant additions should be at striker and the 6 position.  If we can't keep Sims, then I would try to add someone at that position and ride with White and Barlow up top.

They say that shit all the time.

Even if they do miraculously find some difference makers the odds of some of the difference makers already on the team (taxi, kaku, long) leaving is high. So itll be a wash anyway.

Theyre just words. Empty words.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

He didn't seem reserved to losing Sims

Ironically, the correct term is resigned.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

They say that shit all the time.

Even if they do miraculously find some difference makers the odds of some of the difference makers already on the team (taxi, kaku, long) leaving is high. So itll be a wash anyway.

Theyre just words. Empty words.

Agreed but Armas and Hamlett heard chatter that they were going to lose their jobs.  Nobody wants to be unemployed so if there is money to spend, they'll spend it.  Most people in this world look out for number 1.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Agreed but Armas and Hamlett heard chatter that they were going to lose their jobs.  Nobody wants to be unemployed so if there is money to spend, they'll spend it.  Most people in this world look out for number 1.

From who, the fans? There's nothing to suggest either of them were ever actually on the hot seat with Red Bull.

They literally say something to that effect every transfer window, and Hamlett today is trying to use the fact that they bought Kaku two years ago as proof that they're willing to spend. Its scary that he thinks one impact signing every two years is enough to keep up these days.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

DO IT MILO. Then get fired in 6 months for flipping a table when your recommendations are completely ignored for some 4th division player from Europe.

I can see that happening lol... I'm jk I'm not the yelling or angry type
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Yimmi Chara? Orlando Berrio?  ;)

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Yimmi Chara? Orlando Berrio?  ;)

lol 

BTW they are 28 :-(

unless we utilize the Older Brother Signing Strategy but thats more MLS 2.0

MLS 4.5 is sign the younger brother to the new Academy. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars

Stuart Armstrong at Southampton to replace Rza and Smail Prevlijak at RB Salzburg to play as a striker/second striker. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

anyone worth getting on loan from Bragantino? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

anyone worth getting on loan from Bragantino? 

Amarildo is the type of player we get from Brazil.
He's currently dead last in depth at NYRBII behind Barlow, Jorgensen, Sowe, Omir and Elney.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Lucas silva - gifted cm, could be helpful in transition. That part of rbny needs to improve.

www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/from-real-madrid-wonderkid-to-unemployed-the-sad-decline-of/fst1bzyb0v8f159io6z9cv10f

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Leipzig has a pretty good CDM Tyler Adams. I wonder if we could get him on loan for a season.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Lucas silva - gifted cm, could be helpful in transition. That part of rbny needs to improve.

www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/from-real-madrid-wonderkid-to-unemployed-the-sad-decline-of/fst1bzyb0v8f159io6z9cv10f

gifted but serious reclamation project who wants to stay in Europe.  

if we had 3 Josh Sims who came here revived careers and went back to Europe with success he might consider it.  

he would be good though and I'm all for pandering to the Brazlian crowd. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users