juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

https://medium.com/@...ou-14bc8e393e06

Having some fun over at Reddit watching the blue kids squirm a bit.

https://www.reddit.c..._city_football/

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
As awful and terrible as the soda people are as owners they aren't even in the same stratosphere as awful as CFG. As much as I loathe them I'd take Red Bull as owners of my team over CFG every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

"Support the team you want to support, even if the owners are negative. Support the politicians, charities, and organizations you want to support, as those are positive in your mind. It all nets out, possibly even for a gain as the latter support actually effects the landscape of humanity. Be who you want to be."

These guys....

You are giving money and political capital to slave-owners who work people to death because, on top of being ranked among the world's most cartoon-like villains, they are also pinny pinchers. Donating to the local shelter or voting for The Good Guys doesn't balance out your Karma Points. It just means you support good people when it's convenient and bad people when you can't be bothered.

Go to your fucking soccer games for all I care, but going from "my soccer team's owners are evil and the scum of the earth" to "but it doesn't matter and I'm still a good person!!!" is so batshit silly. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I know why they couldn't allow this but I wish I could be a Red Bulls intern for just a day in control of the team Twitter so I could tweet the article. I'd pay to see the faces of the Blood Money FC posers.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The Reddit thread his hysterical.

Literally the only new information presented in that article are the leaked emails. The UAE's horrific human rights record was known for years before NYCFC was even a thing and it was a pretty open secret that CFG only existed to promote the UAE abroad.

The whole "no ethical consumption" line is an excuse made after the fact to justify shorter travel time to games and dick sizing about New Jersey. It's not as if the region was want for a team to being with. The fact is, with full knowledge they were run by dirtbags and plenty of evidence to suggest they were a soft power play by an oppressive foreign regime, they chose NYCFC. Out of nothing more than novelty and convenience.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I mean if we go to away games there we are giving them money as well. I hate going there for a bunch of reasons and I didn't go last season and I won't be going again unless we meet in the playoffs.

I blame the MLS more than anything because they should have never been allowed to buy a team in the first place.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I mean if we go to away games there we are giving them money as well. I hate going there for a bunch of reasons and I didn't go last season and I won't be going again unless we meet in the playoffs.

I blame the MLS more than anything because they should have never been allowed to buy a team in the first place.

CFG is a full partner in MLS and SUM. 

So giving any money to MLS or US Soccer means we're giving money to Sheikh Mansour

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

CFG is a full partner in MLS and SUM. 

So giving any money to MLS or US Soccer means we're giving money to Sheikh Mansour

Exactly why I blame MLS, it's a shitty situation. At least I won't be giving any money to US Soccer for a few years lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users