MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,050 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He's also drawn a punch of PKs.

But clearly there's been a massive dropoff the last two months.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,363 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He's also drawn a punch of PKs.

But clearly there's been a massive dropoff the last two months.

I think part of it is that other team's got to know him quickly and figured out that you can't try to tackle him or you'll get burnt. Guys have just been giving him space to dribble and he's not really the type to burn them with pure speed.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

And considering his drop in form, Luquinhas is still 2nd on the team in goals and in pts, 7g 6a in all comps. Also in a 3-way tie for team lead in assists (all comps) as well with 6.

It's a low bar!

Morgan has been tremendous, best signing since Sacha?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,525 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Morgan is def up there.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,816 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Manoel needs the ball played right to his feet in order to be useful, but at least seems to be able to do something with it when he gets it. That whiff on the tap-in was miss of the year material though.

That description is exactly what's been said about Klimala.    All too similar.   

At least Manoel can turn with the ball, unlike Patryk.   But he still hasn't shown he can score once he's facing goal..

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,363 posts

That description is exactly what's been said about Klimala.    All too similar.   

At least Manoel can turn with the ball, unlike Patryk.   But he still hasn't shown he can score once he's facing goal..

I like Klimala better in open space. He does a good job chasing down long balls and being the hold-up man.

Agree that Manoel is way better/quicker with the ball.

They both most definitely share a total inability to score goals.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,753 posts

Doyle

Bou pass of the week

But it ended 2-1 as the hosts came roaring back with an equalizer via Cristian Casseres Jr. and a late winner via a Lewis Morgan penalty. RBNY haven’t officially clinched yet, but they pulled out of their summer malaise in real fashion and have picked up 14 points since the start of August. That’s tied second-best in the league behind only the scorching hot Union.

The big change, as per TruMedia, is simply that they’re defending a little deeper over the past month. They’re still a high-pressing team – highest in the league – and are still super direct, but a higher percentage of their attacking sequences are starting in the middle third of the field, as opposed to the attacking third. As a result, they’re actually playing faster and are less susceptible to getting countered. Gerhard Struber has done well to figure things out in the aftermath of that 5-1 US Open Cup bloodbath.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,525 posts

Worst coach ever. #Sarcasm 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Well, figuring things out before or during the 5-1 bloodbath would have been better! But I think that result was more a mental issue (conceding just before and just after halftime and promptly collapsing after that), not a systemic one.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,525 posts

2 yrs in a row where the form picks up when the summer and the conditions aren't as intense, iirc. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Edelman mentioned potential tiredness in the summer heat on Seeing Red

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,525 posts

But that's the system for ya. Not exactly conducive for 85+ degree/85% humidity, but ppl will still say "PRESS MORE", like they're playing a video game or some bullshit. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,435 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I think its more of an issue of sufficient depth than the pressing. If Struber felt comfortable with more of his roster or had more capable bodies at certain positions there may have been less burn out. Injuries have been prevalent most of the season as well

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,363 posts

I think its more of an issue of sufficient depth than the pressing. If Struber felt comfortable with more of his roster or had more capable bodies at certain positions there may have been less burn out. Injuries have been prevalent most of the season as well

Nothing compared to last year, what a nightmare that was. I think that summer spooked Struber, who even says often in his pressers that they are carefully managing minutes, especially for players returning from time out.

Overall I'd say they've done a good job with it this season. The only long term injuries I can think of were either picked up prior to the start of the season (Reyes, Wiki), or on national duty (Clark).

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,753 posts

Edelman mentioned potential tiredness in the summer heat on Seeing Red

Yes and they are getting practice on passing round and breaking teams down
Dont look great doing it but practice none the less and they are finding ways to win for the most part

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users