827 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

yeah, head coach in one of europe's top4 leagues. 

And one within reach of the Champion's League.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

If we believed the rumors this would be the third time he left this year. Just feel like he still has so much to go before coaching a team in Europe. He gets in his own way too much and they have notice that about him. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

they'r not champions league this yr. they start out in europa league qualifying, not even the proper europa that starts up in sept. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
That is even more reason to believe they would hire Marsch now. No point in throwing him to the wolves so to speak. Let him grow into the job with a year in bundesliga + europa. If they had already been in Champions league play, they might have wanted a coach with more experience to lead them.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

yeah, head coach in one of europe's top4 leagues. 

the only other time its like ever happened was when Bob Bradley coached in the EPL for like 2 weeks before getting canned.

If Jesse could get the job hed be doing something very few Americans have done, and none have succeeded at.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

David Wagner.  American coaching in the Premier League currently.  And when I say "American", I mean he played for the US national team.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hope he doesn't go. Would be a real hit for us as I think we have something special brewing here this year and I would like to see Jesse see it through instead of causing chaos and leaving halfway through. 

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York
https://rblive.de/20...ian-nagelsmann/

This article says that Jesse Marsch is NOT a candidate for the RB Leipzig job. They're looking for a German speaker (something very important in Germany), and also I'd be very surprised if Marsch was put in charge of Leipzig. If anything I'm sure they'd want him to cut his teeth at Salzburg first.

Roger Schmidt, Julian Nagelsman, and a third, I forgot who, are front runners alongside Ralf Rangnick himself taking over as manager.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

https://rblive.de/20...ian-nagelsmann/

This article says that Jesse Marsch is NOT a candidate for the RB Leipzig job. They're looking for a German speaker (something very important in Germany), and also I'd be very surprised if Marsch was put in charge of Leipzig. If anything I'm sure they'd want him to cut his teeth at Salzburg first.

Roger Schmidt, Julian Nagelsman, and a third, I forgot who, are front runners alongside Ralf Rangnick himself taking over as manager.

still all just a bunch of rumors.  one paper in leipzig has marsch as being on the list, another says he is being considered as an assistant in leipzig. seems like every coach they're interested in is under contract (except Rose, who is at salzburg, so hypothetically being under contract doesnt matter too much) so ragnick might take over for a year and then they'll try and bring in schmidt or nagelsmann. i'd kinda doubt nagelsmann would end up at leipzig, a bit of a lateral move and he's got his eyes on bigger shit, so who knows.

could see marsch heading over as an assistant, or possibly to salzburg if they end up hiring over in leipzig, but a move straight to leipzig as head coach still seems unlikely

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

could see marsch heading over as an assistant, or possibly to salzburg if they end up hiring over in leipzig, but a move straight to leipzig as head coach still seems unlikely

This makes the most sense.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Jesse is NOT going to Leipzig.

https://1.ftb.al/zNTc/WYXyc87XVN

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

RBL just hired a guy who'll start in Jan. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

RBL just hired a guy who'll start in Jan. 

Cue the Jesse to USMNT rumors.

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Good news
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Cue the Jesse to USMNT rumors.

He's got to be a top three option for that job at the moment. Earnie Stewart's ties to the Union also mean he's well aware of Jesse and will have a strong opinion (good or bad) about him taking over USA. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users