#1 tonyz

tonyz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

[url="http://www.milenio.com/node/393746"]http://www.milenio.com/node/393746[/url]

[url="http://www.informador.com.mx/deportes/2010/183114/6/lesiones-no-dejan-a-chivas.htm"]http://www.informado...an-a-chivas.htm[/url]
[quote]El ex jugador del Guadalajara, Ramón Morales, sostuvo pláticas con el técnico Carlos de los Cobos, del Chicago Fire, equipo que compite en la Major League Soccer (MLS) de Estados Unidos, y en los próximos días estaría firmando un contrato con este equipo, ya que las negociaciones están avanzadas./quote]

GUADALAJARA, JALISCO .-

Ramon Morales interest to Chicago Fire

The former player of Guadalajara, Ramon Morales, held talks with coach Carlos de los Cobos, Chicago Fire team that competes in Major League Soccer (MLS) U.S. in the coming days and would be signing a contract with this team because the negotiations are advanced.

"I feel very happy because a quality coach Carlos de los Cobos noticed me. I am grateful to know that there may be opportunities to continue playing.

"Having not played and time after injury, it is very motivating for me to have people with the technical quality of the Chicago Fire Carlos and I take into account. I'm excited and motivates me. "

The left-hander from La Piedad, Michoacan, said that everything is in the hands of his agent, but go ahead and knows that the MLS franchise in Chicago is a big responsibility.

"I think there will be no problem, they know my situation, the operation and everything, if anything important is just to get together to solve it. We're calm, Chicago is a city that we really like. "

Chicago Fire tapatias land is in making his preseason.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_VpTNM04g"][/url]
Next few days he will be signing a contract with the FIRE.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV3vOc0uaM8"][/url]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram%C3%B3n_Morales"]http://en.wikipedia..../Ramón_Morales[/url]

#2 milicz

milicz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Supports:Fire

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

GUADALAJARA, JALISCO .-

Ramon Morales interest to Chicago Fire

The former player of Guadalajara, Ramon Morales, held talks with coach Carlos de los Cobos, Chicago Fire team that competes in Major League Soccer (MLS) U.S. in the coming days and would be signing a contract with this team because the negotiations are advanced.

"I feel very happy because a quality coach Carlos de los Cobos noticed me. I am grateful to know that there may be opportunities to continue playing.

"Having not played and time after injury, it is very motivating for me to have people with the technical quality of the Chicago Fire Carlos and I take into account. I'm excited and motivates me. "

The left-hander from La Piedad, Michoacan, said that everything is in the hands of his agent, but go ahead and knows that the MLS franchise in Chicago is a big responsibility.

"I think there will be no problem, they know my situation, the operation and everything, if anything important is just to get together to solve it. We're calm, Chicago is a city that we really like. "

Chicago Fire tapatias land is in making his preseason.

I'm not on board. Give me back Blanco in that case.

#3 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

I'm not on board. Give me back Blanco in that case.

I'm going to disagree. If he's not a DP, he can add depth.

#4 Jason

Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

So let me get this straight, we are signing a DP that has not once practiced with the team, the season is starting, he has been injured and is still recovering from surgery and is also 35?

Guess I'm going to have to put my trust in Frank on this one. Sounds more like the FO trying is trying to keep the Blanco fans. It does not sound like something he would normally do.

In Frank we trust!

#5 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:59 PM

I'm not sure he is a DP though. And if he is, I can't imagine he's getting paid as much as Blanco.

#6 milicz

milicz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

I have a feeling Morales gets handed the starting job, and that means a younger faster player gets sent to the bench and we get a guy at 35 who has had declining numbers since 2007, I don't think a player liek MOrales is coming to be a sub off the bench. Even so if Morales doesn't get the starting nod we piss off a whole bunch of Mexican fans ala Frankowski, if he puts Krol to the bench then Krol is going to turn into a problem, if he takes Mapp's spot then we have essentially lost any chance of seeing Mapp finally develop (and I was very excited to see Mapp under CDLC). I was reading a post on Bisoccer where a poster said Morales wasn't resigned by Chivas because he didn't fit the new mold of Chivas: "Ramoncito was let go by Chivas because Vergara felt he was too old and didn't fit with or current style which is young blazing attacking speed." Sort of like our plan without Blanco. Kind of odd that a major cog like Morales leaves and Chivas wins all 8 of their first games setting a new league record. They got better without him.

Can Morales play CDM? If he can then I would change my position.

#7 The Herr

The Herr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

Hrmmm...interesting. First let's lure America fans to TP, then Chivas fans, then everyone will be one big happy family cheering on the beloved Fire!!! Yay!!! Unity!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#8 jogadubwise

jogadubwise

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Liverpool

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

Unless he's coming off the bench, I'm against this.
QUOTE (chicubfan @ May 29 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I interned in the FO for a little while and trust me they are so dumb had they payed off the refs they probably would have presented them one of those huge checks during halftime on the field.

QUOTE (joey @ Oct 8 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
halloween specific stadium.

#9 UkrainianFireFan

UkrainianFireFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Interests:FIRE

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

wow, this is the worst decision since wanchope, slow, old, injured.

i thought this was the year of fast attacking soccer with krol, conde, thorington, mapp, pappa, john, martinez ext ??? wow this is aweful news.

The only good thing out of this is if he replaces mapp/pappa on the wing when they are tired, THAT IS ALL

and does he not score goals from play? only free kicks?

totally against this

why cant we get some euro players?

#10 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

why cant we get some euro players?

John and Krol are "Euro" players.

#11 UkrainianFireFan

UkrainianFireFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

John and Krol are "Euro" players.

good point, i take my comment back

#12 BenBurton

BenBurton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

My thought on this is that when a good player stumbles into your lap you take them. MLS teams don't have the luxury to cherry pick players for exact positions. It sucks, but it's true.

If this guy can come in on the cheap and we don't have to cut a decent player, we should take him. I feel the same way about Blanco after the World Cup. If he's motivated and willing to play as a non-DP, you'd be hard pressed not to put him on your team.

#13 UkrainianFireFan

UkrainianFireFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

My thought on this is that when a good player stumbles into your lap you take them. MLS teams don't have the luxury to cherry pick players for exact positions. It sucks, but it's true.

If this guy can come in on the cheap and we don't have to cut a decent player, we should take him. I feel the same way about Blanco after the World Cup. If he's motivated and willing to play as a non-DP, you'd be hard pressed not to put him on your team.

true, but if he is a DP and we NEED to play him because of his caliber, i will look at dlc a whole new way

#14 mdale10

mdale10

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, USA, Man Utd

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

If hes not a DP then hey, why not? But if we do sign him as a DP then its an awful decision.

#15 Jason

Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

Ben, you have brought me around. Thank you for playing Devil's Advocate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users