91 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Kaku was really in as good a spot he could be where he didn't play too much for Paraguay where he wouldn't have fitness, but played 30 mins, so he is not rusty, and actually played extremely well. He is the best player on this team, he was back, played just enough for his NT, played well, then practiced. Bear in mind that team is way better than Red Bulls. That's worth 15 mins of PT in the most important game of the year? Even if Struber brought him in at halftime to replace Davis/Yearwood dreadful combo, I could understand. But 15 mins for your best guy? What's next, he will be saying on a presser that they made one more play than we did?

Also to add to it.  While I would have subbed Kaku on a little bit earlier I think biggest difference yesterday was that this game was the worst game Yearwood and Davis have played as a pair.  I am putting a lot of that blame on switching the system for a playoff game though.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Great players dont fit every system, its not an indictment on the player. Kaku was always intended to be sold on and that hasnt materialized. His resale value playing for this team is only going to continue to drop.

Kaku was doing fine after Armas left and fit well. There is really no excuse for not leveraging him, there just isn't. I am afraid Struber failed in play-offs in Armas like fashion. No I am not starting fire Struber thread here, but he did ask to be accountable, his decisions did make a difference in the game, and he failed miserably to make a first impression in the most important game of the season.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Also to add to it.  While I would have subbed Kaku on a little bit earlier I think biggest difference yesterday was that this game was the worst game Yearwood and Davis have played as a pair.  I am putting a lot of that blame on switching the system for a playoff game though.

I agree, and also add Duncan to that list. But all of this was evident in the first half were I was praying to go to half time level, and then make major changes. Instead we came out in the second half as flat as in the first, and just like at the start of the first conceded major chances due to being in complete disarray. Also, Stroud played really well as a distributor in Kaku's absence. If he left Kaku off for whatever reason, would be good to have him there. White scored a lot in last few games too and was a clear choice over Barlow. Overall, just too many mistakes from coaching standpoint on a winnable game. Sure, we can give a pass as this was a debut, but there is no debate the guy utterly failed in his first game with Metro, and that happened to be the most important game of the year.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
This is all very reactionary. Weve now seen 3 coaches this season all with very similar results. Ultimately, it still does and always did come down to the roster. We can complain this guy over than guy but guess what? Theyre all pretty mediocre. Stroud was not winning this game. Kaku has played a lot this season and we sucked with him and sucked without him. We (myself included) have been putting 90% of the blame on coaching. Ive been pro-white all season but do we win yesterday with Him on the field? Unlikely since he is still a below average striker. Time to rebuild this team and quit the constant whining about coaching

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I am not sure Kaku ever really fit into a pressing system.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Time to rebuild this team and quit the constant whining about coaching

Better players would be great, but coaches doing the best they can with the players they have is literally the job description.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Kaku might still be useful.. He's a question mark now so if he goes he's goes because we don't know for sure that he's going to get 15 assists and 10 goals..

I wouldn't be upset if he left... Regardless this side needs additions
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Time to ... quit the constant whining about coaching

Griping is the lot of the sports fan.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

I think you could add Pendant to those two as well.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Very odd Kaku did not come on for a less 30
Not a fan of midfield change

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I think Kaku not starting was proof he is gone next year. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Do we know the full details of Kaku's contract? MLS contracts typically hit an option in year 4 and those often come with a salary bump. If that's the case, you have to imagine they sell for whatever they can get.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I'd imagine maybe just cut your loses with him... They literally said that they want 21 year Olds.. He's not he hit his apex.. And it wasn't much

Go out sign your 21 year old DPs hopefully they are guys that have been over looked and are MLS Allstar caliber... That's what I'm hoping happens..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Well, we certainly didnt do too well without him in play-offs. not last year when he went out with injury, and not this year when the coach just decided not to play him . If Struber gets rid of him because hes good enough to make Paraguay national team and have international duty, we might be missing Armas after all...

Kaku could get bought down to be a non dp.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

They should dump Kaku.  The team had a significantly better record when he didn't play or didn't start.  That is not what you want from your highest paid player. Plus, Clark will likely be better than him by next year. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users