1038 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,389 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Meanwhile, in TX, with triple the population they have just 1,300 deaths and a flattened curve.   All sorts of obvious reason for that, but you can understand why people outside the Metro area have a different perspective on things.

Been interesting to realize just how poorly population density and pandemics mix. Texas only has one city in the top 100 most densely populated in the US, you've gotta ride a horse for miles to sneeze on your neighbor in a lot of that state. Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx are all in the top 20.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,266 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

interesting to realize just how poorly population density and pandemics mix.

https://www.google.c...irus-2020-4?amp

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,573 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Been interesting to realize just how poorly population density and pandemics mix. Texas only has one city in the top 100 most densely populated in the US, you've gotta ride a horse for miles to sneeze on your neighbor in a lot of that state. Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx are all in the top 20.

so no reason we can't play home games with fans, right?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I hope everyone has been staying safe and healthy...

I would think that cases might ramp back up with a quick reopening especially in such a condensedly populated area as Metro NY...

In Florida things have opened up today so we'll see soon if we see a rise in cases if it's a good idea to open things up in NY... I would think they'd wait just a few weeks longer..

Maybe MLS kicks back up in August.. But the worry is when season change and flu season starts will Coronavirus cases start to rise again
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I would think that cases might ramp back up with a quick reopening especially in such a condensedly populated area as Metro NY...

In Florida things have opened up today so we'll see soon if we see a rise in cases if it's a good idea to open things up in NY... I would think they'd wait just a few weeks longer..

Maybe MLS kicks back up in August.. But the worry is when season change and flu season starts will Coronavirus cases start to rise again

The one certainty among all this:

Areas will have different results and both sides in the pro/anti lockdown debate will cherry pick the ones that support their side and parade them around as definitive proof while ignoring the ones that don't.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

There will be some sort of rise in cases, but that rise will be mitigated because of some level of social distancing and an immense increase in mask-wearing versus a "normal" baseline. Like, I'm in Chicago and I don't know a single person who's going back to their office anytime this summer. That means they aren't commuting, aren't around other people all day, etc.

A NYC-like spike isn't going to happen anywhere unless people get super complacement.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts

so then we sneak into whatever playoffs we have and make a run to the Final game which gets cancelled because of a fall resurgence and the league decides to award to the semifinalist with highest point total which is not us..........

hope you are safe and well  !!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

There will be some sort of rise in cases, but that rise will be mitigated because of some level of social distancing and an immense increase in mask-wearing versus a "normal" baseline. Like, I'm in Chicago and I don't know a single person who's going back to their office anytime this summer. That means they aren't commuting, aren't around other people all day, etc.

A NYC-like spike isn't going to happen anywhere unless people get super complacement.

Plenty of people in many states going to bars in the past couple of days with barely any precaution according to what I've seen in the news and on Twitter (YMMV).

Hopefully there are no significant spikes (and certainly no NYC-like ones), but it will be a minor miracle if reopening doesn't cause a significant increase in cases in a number of places.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Meanwhile, in TX, with triple the population they have just 1,300 deaths and a flattened curve.   All sorts of obvious reason for that, but you can understand why people outside the Metro area have a different perspective on things.

Well, the curve hasnt exactly been flattened in Texas. The NYT today had a graph showing that cases in Texas are rising pretty precipitously.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,266 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

cases in Texas are rising

Good to hear from you. How are you doing?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Well, the curve hasnt exactly been flattened in Texas. The NYT today had a graph showing that cases in Texas are rising pretty precipitously.

Number of cases isn't the number to look at, percentage of tests that come back positive is. For example if you test 1,000 people one day with 50 positives and 3,000 people the next day and get 70 positives that is a good sign because if the rate of infection was steady you would've expected 150 cases. I did not see the article but if they didn't back it up with percentage of positives then they did a bad job.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,573 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

LAaest on membership payments:

"While MLS fully intends to play as many matches as possible in the 2020 season, we are sensitive to the impact the virus has had in our region and want to provide you with a couple of options for your 2020 Red Membership.

By continuing your Red Membership with us and making your payments as and when they become due, you may elect to apply any payments made for cancelled or closed-door 2020 matches to your 2021 Red Membership, and if you choose to do so, you will:

•             Receive a bonus 10% ticket credit for all impacted matches toward your 2021 Red Membership

•             Lock in your current Red Membership rate for 2021

Alternatively, if you would like to discuss any other possible accommodations on tickets you have already purchased to 2020 impacted matches, including obtaining a refund, please do not hesitate to contact me.

At this time and until we receive further clarity on the 2020 season, we are suspending further Red Membership ticket plan payments."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I just got the same email except this difference...

"Receive a bonus 10% ticket credit for all impacted matches towards your 2021 Red Membership, seat upgrades or the purchase of additional tickets during our 2021 Season"

I'm also curious to see what they do for people who had bought extra seats under the 25th anniversary prices. Since this season might not end up having any fans there and that we had only 1 home game they really should roll those over to next year instead of raising the prices back to normal like they were supposed to after this season. They need all the fans they can get as it is and even more so now after this coronavirus.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I just got the same email except this difference...

"Receive a bonus 10% ticket credit for all impacted matches towards your 2021 Red Membership, seat upgrades or the purchase of additional tickets during our 2021 Season"

I'm also curious to see what they do for people who had bought extra seats under the 25th anniversary prices. Since this season might not end up having any fans there and that we had only 1 home game they really should roll those over to next year instead of raising the prices back to normal like they were supposed to after this season. They need all the fans they can get as it is and even more so now after this coronavirus.

They better honor those extra seats. I'm assuming that's the case since they mention they locked in 2020 rates for 2021.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,442 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

So, if I want the 10% bonus and locked in 2020 prices, will I need to tell my rep to continue taking out payments since it also says that they are suspending them?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"The league stopped caring about us when the slavers ponied up money for the abortion across the river." - MetroFanatic

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)