Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC

they should bring in Danny Szetela for a trial since camp is filled with former tri-state prospects

Danny and his brothers can help Victor Palsson get "acclimated" to the local scene.

We'd have endless material for songs :lol:

ukraine76

ukraine76

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Danijel Kosovac, his wiki has me pumped up. I don't think he will be better than Jorge Rojas though.

Interesting indeed. "Plays for Zaragoza and for Swiss U21". However, he played 0 games combined for them

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Interesting indeed. "Plays for Zaragoza and for Swiss U21". However, he played 0 games combined for them

He played consistently for the reserve squad Real Zaragoza B, and probably for the FC Basel reserves as well.

Funny, he trialed in England at the same time as Khano F'ing Smith.
www.southendunited.co.uk/page/ReserveNewsDetail/0,,10444~1790517,00.html#continue

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

they should bring in Danny Szetela for a trial since camp is filled with former tri-state prospects

Will Palsson try to sell me Nike high-top sneakers as well?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Will Palsson try to sell me Nike high-top sneakers as well?

:D :lol:

I saw that and immediately thought of that California cult that killed themselves

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts
Even though Dan has put our draft picks on the roster, I believe they will be fighting along with the other trialists to secure an actual roster spot. Belated for sure, but nice to see them finally less complacent about our depth needs. Not sure what players they will get out of this bunch, but given that Hans has tended to tip his hat with comments in the past, I think his mentioning of Arteaga and Holder bode well for their eventual inclusion. If Palsson shows I would put odds on him as well.

Regardless, I thought I would key on our needs. All of these trialists may be found wanting, so I am not suggesting we will sign a bunch just because we are checking them out.

GK: Starting GK needs to be signed, but won't come from trialists.

F: I think they'll want a 6th striker even if Luke and Juan remain. Sounds like Arteaga might already be ahead of Hertzog in the depth chart. If we lose both Juan and Luke, my guess is they would go after one more relatively established striker and not one from the trialists.

CB: Assuming Conde is Tim's replacement, a lot will ride on how Sacir is developing. A 5th CB wouldn't be a bad idea.

LB & LW: I lump these together in that we continue to be in desperate need of left-footed depth. Borrajo can play both sides apparently, but I don't know how well relative to his favored right side. Too bad we didn't bring Da Luz back in for another look. In the best of all worlds we would pick up one for each spot, but don't know if any of the guys we are trialing fit that need. (BTW, I assuming Nielsen is toast unless he is miracuously healthy all of a sudden).

RB: With Solli and Borrajo and Lade for LT development (pass the growth hormones, please) this is not panic button position.

RW: With Richards, Solli, Kassel, Ballouchy, even perhaps Borrajo, not the worry spot (though I am still unclear where Kassel is being groomed for).

CM: On the attacking side that is where the hoped for 3rd DP will be and it sounds like our latest "sign by the end of the week" mystery man may be slotted, but it remains (along with experienced GK) our biggest need. Unlikely that one of these "depth" trialists will alter that equation, though perhaps one will be an ok development option. On the defensive end I think they want a true 3rd starter-quality holding mid (doesn't have to be quite a Tainio, but has to be better than an Auvray) given our dynamic duo's propensity to miss games. Palsson may already be slotted for this, though Quame may be a decent versatile CM pick up as well.

Assuming Conde in place of Ream, a 3rd GK, Nielsen as a trialist and not a guarantee, and no loss of Luke or Juan, we are at 23. A 3rd DP makes it 24 (though they would likely keep someone on until then). 25 if this non-trialist mid is signed soon. That leaves 5 slots, which I think will be 1 forward, 1-2 defenders (a CB and a LB preferably) and 2-3 midfielders given the above assumptions to round out our bench.

Midfield is still the biggest question mark. Will they play Rafa and ttainio together or split minutes? If we are looking for a 3rd to those two, what does that mean for Dax? Is Mehdi MR. Last 15 Minutes Utility sub, or does he have a more defined spot? Where might kassel be used? If we bring in a DP and his backup, can we afford so many relatively expensive midfield options riding pine? Does Hans feel the need for a LW with pace to spell Joel and to give us a different look when needed?

Soler will remain busy it looks like.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Midfield is still the biggest question mark. Will they play Rafa and ttainio together or split minutes? If we are looking for a 3rd to those two, what does that mean for Dax? Is Mehdi MR. Last 15 Minutes Utility sub, or does he have a more defined spot? Where might kassel be used? If we bring in a DP and his backup, can we afford so many relatively expensive midfield options riding pine? Does Hans feel the need for a LW with pace to spell Joel and to give us a different look when needed?

Soler will remain busy it looks like.

Sheesh, VOR. You mean after all of that, we STILL have a hole at midfield? We don't have anyone that looks like a true #10? I thought this was supposed to be HIGH on the "must get" list. What happened? Are they being too picky about WHO they want in the position? What are your thoughts?

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Sheesh, VOR. You mean after all of that, we STILL have a hole at midfield? We don't have anyone that looks like a true #10? I thought this was supposed to be HIGH on the "must get" list. What happened? Are they being too picky about WHO they want in the position? What are your thoughts?

Did I not already provide thoughts enough?

Methinks that if they would down yonder rather than across the pond that they might have their prize sooner than the summer and for a fair cheaper price at that.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Did I not already provide thoughts enough?

Methinks that if they would down yonder rather than across the pond that they might have their prize sooner than the summer and for a fair cheaper price at that.

Methinks you should be the team's GM.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Methinks you should be the team's GM.

Hardly, far better people around for that than me, but I would love to sit down with them for an hour or two and try and turn their minds on a couple of things.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Your survivors:

Ryan Maduro, Giorgi Chirgadze, Brandon Barklage, Jose Angulo and Jhonny Arteaga

http://www.mlssoccer...lsson-gets-look

Rooting for Chirgadze to make it. Kid seems to have gotten a raw deal the first time around...
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Your survivors:

Ryan Maduro, Giorgi Chirgadze, Brandon Barklage, Jose Angulo and Jhonny Arteaga

http://www.mlssoccer...lsson-gets-look

Rooting for Chirgadze to make it. Kid seems to have gotten a raw deal the first time around...

Did we already lose our WAG? I mean... no. Fuck it. Did we lose our WAG?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Did we already lose our WAG? I mean... no. Fuck it. Did we lose our WAG?

Her husband tweeted today that he's flying back to England.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Her husband tweeted today that he's flying back to England.

sigh

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Maduro? He's an ex-MLSer, right?

Barklage, ugh, former Scum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users