332 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see this offseason as a shitshow. Maybe 4-6 new starters? That is right where they needed to be. 

I'd like another LB and DP attacker, but you don't get every player. Building a roster is never done, but it seems like Thelwell is putting some pieces together... for this season and even for next (Carmona, Estrela). 

I want Haksa in (and i still think it might happen), but him not coming is not an indicator that RB failed, just that the deal didn't work out. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Press conference going on right now with Thelwell and Struber, and Thelwell said they are still looking for one or two players.

is there a feed?

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I haven't seen one, just some tweets about it here: https://twitter.com/SeeingRedNY

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I haven't seen one, just some tweets about it here: https://twitter.com/SeeingRedNY

"still waiting on some visa approvals..."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see this offseason as a shitshow. Maybe 4-6 new starters? That is right where they needed to be. 

I'd like another LB and DP attacker, but you don't get every player. Building a roster is never done, but it seems like Thelwell is putting some pieces together... for this season and even for next (Carmona, Estrela). 

I want Haksa in (and i still think it might happen), but him not coming is not an indicator that RB failed, just that the deal didn't work out. 

It's definitely not a shitshow but it's not a success either.

The squad players and prospects Thelwell is bringing in simply aren't going to win the club trophies. The #1 need has been elite DP attacking talent and Thelwell continues to fail in this area. How can the club be right where they want to be if they aren't utilizing all the resources the league gives them to succeed? DP spots remain unused...again.

Saying "oh well, can't get them all/not the right fit" isn't going to placate the fan base anymore. The lack of top end attacking talent has been a problem for too long now.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

It is not a shitshow. They are proceeding along the right path, I am just not sure they have reached the end of it yet.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

The squad players and prospects Thelwell is bringing in simply aren't going to win the club trophies. The #1 need has been elite DP attacking talent and Thelwell continues to fail in this area. 

Dude, lets be honest, none of us have any idea if Edwards, Fabio, Harper, or Diarro are any good in MLS in this system. saying they aren't going to win trophies isn't based on anything. 

BWP was a nobody before he came here. Lawrence couldn't get just a contract with DC before coming here and killing it. Long was a College/USL long timer. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

"still waiting on some visa approvals..."

I read this as waiting for like Fabio's visa.... you reading something else?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

As far as I can tell from IG Fabio is still in Brazil. Edwards might still be in England, hes not as active on Instagram, unsure about Diarra and Coronel but they were recently confirmed so figure they are a bit behind as well.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

this is all of the international players

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Dude, lets be honest, none of us have any idea if Edwards, Fabio, Harper, or Diarro are any good in MLS in this system. saying they aren't going to win trophies isn't based on anything. 

BWP was a nobody before he came here. Lawrence couldn't get just a contract with DC before coming here and killing it. Long was a College/USL long timer. 

Sure.   Some long shots pay off.   Most don't.   What are the odds Fabio turns into a BWP?    What are the odds Harper turns into a Nic Lodeiro?   Will Baby Clark be an All Star CAM?    Other than maybe Long, how many realistic All Star contenders do we have right now?   In order for us to be good this year, we need just about all our bets to pay out.    

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

It's definitely not a shitshow but it's not a success either.

The squad players and prospects Thelwell is bringing in simply aren't going to win the club trophies. The #1 need has been elite DP attacking talent and Thelwell continues to fail in this area. How can the club be right where they want to be if they aren't utilizing all the resources the league gives them to succeed? DP spots remain unused...again.

Saying "oh well, can't get them all/not the right fit" isn't going to placate the fan base anymore. The lack of top end attacking talent has been a problem for too long now.

You literally made your username a player whose initial acquisition was endlessly mocked on the belief that he was not MLS caliber. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Sure.   Some long shots pay off.   Most don't.   What are the odds Fabio turns into a BWP?    What are the odds Harper turns into a Nic Lodeiro?   Will Baby Clark be an All Star CAM?    Other than maybe Long, how many realistic All Star contenders do we have right now?   In order for us to be good this year, we need just about all our bets to pay out.    

Totally valid. Only point I'd argue is that we need "just about all" of our bets to pay out. I think we need half to pay out at that level (e.g. Fabio and Diarro) and we might be close to cooking with gas. 

Hey, at least it will be fun to dissect these games!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Totally valid. Only point I'd argue is that we need "just about all" of our bets to pay out. I think we need half to pay out at that level (e.g. Fabio and Diarro) and we might be close to cooking with gas. 

Hey, at least it will be fun to dissect these games!

We can't do well if Reyes isn't at least as good as Parker, or if Pendant 2021 isn't much better than Pendant 2020.    They don't need to be All Stars, but we need to be as good or better all over the field.  We can't be good if Kaka's replacement (TBD - none of the new players) isn't as good as Kaka when Kaka's good.     That's a lot of "ifs."

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

We can't do well if Reyes isn't at least as good as Parker, and if Pendant 2021 isn't much better than Pendant 2020.    We can't be good if Kaka's replacement (TBD - none of the new players) isn't as good as Kaka when Kaka's good.     That's a lot of "ifs."

I also put more weight than maybe I should in a receding Armas raising all ships. 

There will always be "ifs" when you do rebuilding offseason, I just think the system will be clear, the players will fit the tactics, and the team does the uber-press to cover gaps in quality. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users