7187 replies to this topic

#16 Pana

Pana

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

Let me be the most recent to say, I will never ever buy a Beckham jersey, Galaxy or otherwise. I don't even dislike the guy either, but I'd much rather have a Cobi, Herc, Albright, or a Vagena jersey. Home brewing tastes better.

But would you buy the Victoria Beckham jeans? they're only $250.

Posted Image

#17 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

I'm wearing the ones she left at my house last Friday right now. Wow whatta night.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#18 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:21 PM

At least we'd have some proficient enough to take corner & free kicks... ugh, can Yallop tell him to just stop?

Apparently we lost our only other real option when Burch was traded to the Crew.

#19 Mathes1982

Mathes1982

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:soccer first and formost, reading, movies, and drinking probably.
  • Supports:Galaxy, NUFC, Barca, England

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:10 AM

Surprisingly on the 10 o'clock news tonight on KTla they mentioned the house hunting for beckham and that it is rumored he may play for the Galaxy, but it wasn't in the sports section it was the entertainment part of the show

#20 dashiel

dashiel

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:13 AM

beckham would be the biggest thing to hit MLS ever. like him, hate him or don't give a toss he'd bring tons of exposure to the league & the galaxy. while we could all probably debate for innumerable amount of pages on his level of talent i don't know that a single person here could argue he isn't a quality player, leagues ahead of most of MLS and would be a major upgrade to our right hand side. at thirty, thirty-one he'd still be very competitive too considering speed was never his strong point.

#21 USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, Arsenal

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

*yawn*

#22 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:50 AM

Posted Image

That's more AEG merchandise on that ass. Look at that crown. Think about it. Kings. Manchester Monarchs. Regal Cinema. And now, Royale Jeans... with no cheese.

Posh is already on the payroll. Pretty boy is practically a G.

#23 shark_boy

shark_boy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY - POR VIDA!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:45 AM

Eh, Becks, no Becks, what ever. Im sure he is eventualy going to come state side, and when he does, he will come to LA. "Fat Ron" will most likely go to NY if he decides to come to MLS.
I have never put a name on my jerseys and I dont think I ever will. Support the colors, not the name kind of mentality. The only player I may considere getting on my jersey is Cobi. Just because of his loyalty to the Galaxy.

I could have sworn Becks already owned a home in LA. (?)

#24 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:54 AM

...are you SURE you wanna be in 138?" ...'cuz if Beck'um comes over we're gonna get flooded...

this is a sad but true reality! We already have the youngsters who want to get autographs but generally, these kids are around 10? If Beckham comes over, they are going to be 13+ teenyboppers purposely choosing to sit around our area for easier access and then have the parents bitch about us and how unfamily oriented we are!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#25 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

more and more fodder

David and Victoria Beckham are reportedly looking for a home in the Bel Air area of Los Angeles, amid rumours that David is considering signing with the Los Angeles Galaxy football team. The couple have been reportedly keen to “break” America for a long time and are looking to move there to push forward the Beckham Brand.

STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#26 LA Red

LA Red

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Liverpool FC

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:08 PM

this is a sad but true reality! We already have the youngsters who want to get autographs but generally, these kids are around 10? If Beckham comes over, they are going to be 13+ teenyboppers purposely choosing to sit around our area for easier access and then have the parents bitch about us and how unfamily oriented we are!

I agree with you, LuvKeane. Those teenyboppers will be oozing its way into 138 real fast if D-Becks does decide to come play for the G's. Screw those parents who think 138 is not family oriented! 138 never was and never will be that anyway! Take it or leave it. If they want to hear the crickets chirping instead of our chants, there's a whole section on both sides of the midfield where the supposed "fans" sit and act like they're at an Angels baseball game. EFF those haters. :angry:

And about Becks coming to play for the G's, I'll believe it when I see it. <_<

#27 twigg

twigg

whiskey - fueled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts
  • Interests:The game. It's history, it's personalities, it's rivalries.
  • Supports:Liverpool, Eintracht, Distillery

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:32 PM

Screw those parents who think 138 is not family oriented! 138 never was and never will be that anyway!

For the record, the Twiggs think 138 is very family oriented. Just ask my wife, son, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, father and (soon) brother.
Coimhead fearg fhear na foighde. Beware the anger of a patient man, - Gaelic Proverb

Sam's Club

#28 The Snow Beast

The Snow Beast

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

Beckham is coming to Seattle for friendly against D.C. United

#29 BARON DE BELTER

BARON DE BELTER

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Supports:LFC, DFB, WINGS

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

send him back!!!

Exactly. I'd rather have pride and lose than have the HDC turn into a Boy Band Concert senario and win. How about we just get Ricky Martin to play for us?

CHEERS
BeL
HIKING METAL PUNX

#30 The Snow Beast

The Snow Beast

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:00 PM

I'm not afraid of teeny boppers overflowing the HDC I'm afraid of all those sports fans who are going to come to see the great soccer star Beackham expecting to see a Joe Montana or Cobi Bryant of soccer and see that he is not this over the top dominating athlete that they think stars are suppose to be.This will lead more to soccer bashing and all that chingadera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users