#16 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Those top pictures are from the 16th tee at Buena, no?

I'm going to throw a date out, Saturday Sept 27th. No Galaxy match that day. Does that work?

#17 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:56 PM

I fired an 86 at Olivas Links on Sunday. I had three birdie putts and missed every one of them. I holed out a 25 yard chip on 14 to save par. It was the first round I've played since March and I've got the itch again.

#18 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

I fired an 86 at Olivas Links on Sunday. I had three birdie putts and missed every one of them. I holed out a 25 yard chip on 14 to save par. It was the first round I've played since March and I've got the itch again.

You are now on my official do not play with/against list. Braggart.

#19 Shooter

Shooter

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Interests:LAGalaxy, Ebbsfleet United, Harchester United, West Ham United, Schalke 04
  • Supports:Ebbsfleet United

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:20 AM

Boo

#20 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:25 AM

It's about time we start planning our Whit-e outing. Who wants to host it? Guerrilla golf tournament--lets do this.

#21 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

For the second time ever, Tiger Woods doesn't make the cut at a Major.

He played like shite the past two days.

If you remember in last year's British Open, Greg "The Shark" Norman made a run for the Jug.

This year, another blast from the past sits at the top of the leaderboard: Tom Watson.
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#22 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

Tom Watson.

Calling Major Tom! One more day!
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

#23 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

all watson had to do was sink that putt at 18. he didnt so the other dude won in a 4 hole playoff. I really wanted Watson to win. fucken old guy deserved it.

#24 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

all watson had to do was sink that putt at 18. he didnt so the other dude won in a 4 hole playoff. I really wanted Watson to win. fucken old guy deserved it.

So did I. As soon as he missed the putt for par on the 18th, I knew he would lose in the 4 hole playoff. Too bad. I think almost everyone wanted Major Tom to win.

Hey, Kool Aid!

#25 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Yep, too bad. When I was a kid I was always more of a Nicklaus fan and Watson was a little younger and was a thorn in Nicklaus' side. I hated him cuz he occasionally got the best of my hero.

But it was amazing to see him put in that performance at an age when most 'golfers' - pro and recreational - are playing mostly just to keep limber and get the blood flowing. And in THE freaking Open.

Unfortunately, I think he did a little bit of a VanDe Velde on 18. He looked like he was trying to nail it on the approach. A better bet would have been to play it safer, go for the front half of the green, then take your chances with getting down in two putts. The back third of the green at 18 was a bad spot to come flying in like that. But what do I know? I'm never been better than a 10 handicap and that old guy's won just about e everywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users