268 replies to this topic

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

Finally got around to listening. I loved Dave's formal moderator Kiefer Sutherland Bank of America commercial-esque voice, very soothing to the ears. :P

LMAO ... what is the DEAL?! Even my wife was saying I sounded different! Only thing I can possibly think of was I recorded earlier than usual ... I have to relisten ...

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY
New York holds RSL off for 30 minutes before succumbing once again on the road. Dave and Mark break down the Red Bulls' performance and preview Sunday's home opener. Next is BigAppleSoccer's Michael Lewis on what it will take for NY to turn things around, before a great batch of listener mail. Enjoy this Seeing Red!

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

New York holds RSL off for 30 minutes before succumbing once again on the road. Dave and Mark break down the Red Bulls' performance and preview Sunday's home opener. Next is BigAppleSoccer's Michael Lewis on what it will take for NY to turn things around, before a great batch of listener mail. Enjoy this Seeing Red!

Fans are not overreacting to losing two games on the road (to better teams), because our payroll is through the roof and this team is SUPPOSED to be winning these games. They lost badly, looked like shit both times and the team has shown no signs they have improved under Backe and Soler.

Level headed email? I would have called it narrow minded.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Fans are not overreacting to losing two games on the road (to better teams), because our payroll is through the roof and this team is SUPPOSED to be winning these games. They lost badly, looked like shit both times and the team has shown no signs they have improved under Backe and Soler.

I can't wait to listen to your podcast.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

Listen, I gotta tell you. The way the midfield has been, it needs a bit more stability. Rafa Marquez just might be that guy. I know we're three games into the season, and I know that the hope is at a very high level here.

:lol: :cheers:

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted Image

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
New York scores early and often to drown the Rapids in the RBNY home opener, and Dave and Mark are back to go inside the victory. Next, the SR boys chat with NY defender Solli and learn the secret of his "Bull Dance" before answering a great batch of listener mail. Listen up! It's Seeing Red!

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
Thierry Henry reaches another level with a hat trick in a slow-starting home win v expansion Montreal. Mark and Dave discuss and set up Columbus away before welcoming new RBNY beat writer Franco Panizo to the show. We wrap up as always with listener mail!

plyby3477

plyby3477

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York, Team USA
I really look forward to this every week. Keep up the good work guys!

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Nice Victory scissor kick reference:

kawandinho

kawandinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:big hips ... a wide backsides
  • Supports:NYRedbulls Milan
guys dont like how you tried to take credit away from Dax by saying he might be doing well as a result of playing poor teams.. couldnt' we use the same analogy for Cooper and Henry ? Even with that said i think sometimes a team, even great teams need an easy fixture to get comfy and find their footing. Routing easy teams helps players to relax and play better as a unit in tough fixtures. Coaches usually love playing against poor defenses to get their strikers going. our mids are getting a favor playing against these supposed poor midfields; especially with all the injuries and inconsistencies of the wingers.
sigh, who to blame? who to blame? oh BACKE seems ideal .
Carbonero-Enzo-Jroke = Father-Son-Holy Ghost - three in one the god hater.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

guys dont like how you tried to take credit away from Dax by saying he might be doing well as a result of playing poor teams.. couldnt' we use the same analogy for Cooper and Henry ? Even with that said i think sometimes a team, even great teams need an easy fixture to get comfy and find their footing. Routing easy teams helps players to relax and play better as a unit in tough fixtures. Coaches usually love playing against poor defenses to get their strikers going. our mids are getting a favor playing against these supposed poor midfields; especially with all the injuries and inconsistencies of the wingers.

Ultimately and unfortunately, no matter if Dax succeeds here or not, he's the player we got in the trade for DeRo. I think that clouds folks' opinion of his performances this season.

Dyer says Conde is questionable and Tanio has twisted his knee via Twitter. If Marquez is out, does Ballouchy pair with Dax?

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

KDyer1012

KDyer1012

Well, he's no Michael Lewis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Supports:One of those bogus Euro or S.A. teams

Ultimately and unfortunately, no matter if Dax succeeds here or not, he's the player we got in the trade for DeRo. I think that clouds folks' opinion of his performances this season.

Dyer says Conde is questionable and Tanio has twisted his knee via Twitter. If Marquez is out, does Ballouchy pair with Dax?

Hans said today he won't consider Mehdi as a starter in place of Tainio. I'd expect Rafa to play Saturday with Palsson as the backup there.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Hans said today he won't consider Mehdi as a starter in place of Tainio. I'd expect Rafa to play Saturday with Palsson as the backup there.

Good... Ballouchy is painfully bad in the middle of the field and Hans has finally realized that. To be honest, I think he's bad on the outside too but he can do less damage out there in my mind.

Palsson had a bad first game but I'd rather take a chance on him improving. Especially considering his age. Put him in after the first 45 if Rafa's injury is holding him back too much.

Mr Fish

Mr Fish

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
Meara speaks, and Dave learns the definition of "paroxysms." Our latest is right here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users