• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

I found Muyl's mom.

for real lol wow that's a lot of animosity for lmao chill...

Muyl really athletic but integral?!?!

BWP has been integral

Robles has been integral

Bur anyways gotta give Muyl his due today he had arguably a MOTM performance...

Cheers keep it up NYRB will need more of that and some if NY are to win CCL or USOC or MLS Cup
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

The Muyl debate kind of reminds me of how some folks really value Vesey with the Rangers. He is a bottom six guy, ideally suited for a sheltered third line. But there are Rangers fans who rate him higher than Buchnevich (I'd include AV in that, as AV is a moron).  

I know Muyl had a very good pass and a well-taken goal (although that goaltending was just poor). But more often than not, he just does not produce on teh offensive side of the ball for a team that employs a system that creates a ton of chances! I posted his xG+xA totals from last year and that is just not that good. Think of our 2015 team where we had Lloyd Sam and Grella producing a ton from these wing positions.  By trotting out Muyl, we are putting huge pressure on Royer and the other players to produce.   

One of the things that Marsch hypes is the importance of instincts. Because of our pressing, we value players who can act quickly. Muyl doesn't have the defensive instincts of lets say RZA (who is so good at intuiting the flow of the game) and on the other side of the ball, he'll often find himself in decent spots, but he usually flubs the pass or shot (or doesn't take the shot). 

He's a local kid. He gives it his all. He has bad hair. I like him a lot. But I just don't think he's anything more than a squad rotation player with how deep our team is. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,774 posts

The Muyl debate kind of reminds me of how some folks really value Vesey with the Rangers. He is a bottom six guy, ideally suited for a sheltered third line. But there are Rangers fans who rate him higher than Buchnevich (I'd include AV in that, as AV is a moron).  

I know Muyl had a very good pass and a well-taken goal (although that goaltending was just poor). But more often than not, he just does not produce on teh offensive side of the ball for a team that employs a system that creates a ton of chances! I posted his xG+xA totals from last year and that is just not that good. Think of our 2015 team where we had Lloyd Sam and Grella producing a ton from these wing positions.  By trotting out Muyl, we are putting huge pressure on Royer and the other players to produce.   

One of the things that Marsch hypes is the importance of instincts. Because of our pressing, we value players who can act quickly. Muyl doesn't have the defensive instincts of lets say RZA (who is so good at intuiting the flow of the game) and on the other side of the ball, he'll often find himself in decent spots, but he usually flubs the pass or shot (or doesn't take the shot). 

He's a local kid. He gives it his all. He has bad hair. I like him a lot. But I just don't think he's anything more than a squad rotation player with how deep our team is. 

I know I am like a broken record on this, so this will be my last time saying it. Our number one need right now is a bona fide right wing. We are loaded at Central and left mid. Muyl is a good back up, but we need a true starter to really make this offense fly. Bradley will have his off days and we need scoring from the wings consistently. Let Alex ply his trade as the number two Until he can finish with more consistency.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Let Alex ply his trade as the number two Until he can finish with more consistency.

If you are not careful with comments like this, RealRedBulls may curse out your offspring!

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,517 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Alex Muyl what are you doing, kid shattered my whole worldview with his two plays last night. Great finish, 10x better pass on BWPs goal.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

The best part about that goal was the fact that for a second he looked like he was going to dive and he just said fuck it and took the shot. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I am tired of reading barely literate posts ... cheer on mediocre journeyman players like Veron whole disrespecting Muyl.

Gotta love being called out for writing "barely literate posts" by a someone that is such an amazing speller.  Way to make your point about how much more intelligent you are than those that disagree with you.

I'd offer to have one of my children tutor you in English, but you seem very hostile towards them.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB

https://www.newyorkr...8?autoplay=true

@9:00 min mark Marsh talked about Alex possibly moving to RB.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,641 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

To help me avoid listening to the entire interview, please note for me where he accepts any responsibility for elimination by Chivas, acknowledges the failure of his game plans, and admits that he was out-coached. Thanks

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

@9:00 min mark Marsh talked about Alex possibly moving to RB.

Yes! about time.  Our playstyle and formation doesn't really suit a traditional out and out winger.  Royer, Valot, Kaku - all those guys drift centrally while our outside backs overlap and create the width.  If Muyl could learn to be an overlapping, attack minded RB, it would guarantee him some playing time this summer while Murillo is out. 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Rochester Rhinos, USMNT
Just saw on Insta he shaved the filthy man bun. Thank god.

https://instagram.com/p/BiVZuBoBSXZ/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users