277 replies to this topic

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Just doing Juve jokes and jokes to Jersey Italians like (Gym.Tan. etc).

You forgot Laundry. It's GTL.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gambling, Personal Finance, Relaxing
  • Supports:Strippers & Red Bulls

You really don't understand supporter culture. Not to mention you are the most PC guy on these boards.

The culture has changed over the years and it feels like it more of a culture to support yourselves than the club. I know there are people there who really pay attention to the game but I hear a lot of people in my section who complain that some supporters are only there to get drunk and make noise.

I'm sure this guy is going to remember who scored a goal the next day.
http://media.photobu...-17-08_0027.jpg
Love the name of the picture as well.
R.I.P. - Metromedia aka Metro

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Just doing Juve jokes and jokes to Jersey Italians like (Gym.Tan. etc).

Guidos, Go back to Brooklyn, etc. No need to insult the average Juve fans who came to check out their team. It's these fans we're trying to convert to RBNY fans. I was walking over the bridge after the game and some supporters were still yelling/insulting Juve fans. Like come on, they got the point already.

I give you guys a lot of prop for the "We support, our local soccer team" chant, best of the match.

chung'sblast

chung'sblast

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
All the incessant bitching on this board about our supporters clubs by people who aren't in a supporters club, never have been, and do literally nothing to improve either of the clubs or the game-day experience, shows who the pathetic losers are. Keep crying on the Internet, guys.

The culture has changed over the years and it feels like it more of a culture to support yourselves than the club. I know there are people there who really pay attention to the game but I hear a lot of people in my section who complain that some supporters are only there to get drunk and make noise.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that picture was taken at the MLS cup final in LA. Were you there? Who's supporting what now?
35th minute- Red Bulls fans back on the East Coast should know that the 50 Red Bulls fans are making more noise than the rest of the stadium right now.

"I can't believe you guys sing the whole game," -- DC security guard, who apparently isn't used to that from supporters...

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
We as a supportes club (ESC,GSS and The Imperial(spoiled little brother) ) we are the one to bring intimidation to who ever the team is playin or shut down any other supportes from the opposite team, yeah some chants are ridiculos stupid but hell the newbess will learn and REDBULLS BOYS AIN'T NOTHIN TO FUCK WITH. and yes WHOS HOUSE IS THIS,,,,,,,,,,
what just happen!

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

All the incessant bitching on this board about our supporters clubs by people who aren't in a supporters club, never have been, and do literally nothing to improve either of the clubs or the game-day experience, shows who the pathetic losers are.

So Columbine/Go back to BK chants help the club and game-day experience. It's better that we tell you what everyone in the stands is thinking before RB comes and takes those stands and bullhorns away. So I'm a loser since I go to every game, watch every players performance during the game, and read any and all formation about the club and it's signings?

I'm just saying SOME peeps need to cut back on this :pint:

First it was rocks, then streamers and now chants. The heads of ESC/GSS should enforce the code of conduct, because there are a FEW people who are ruining it for everyone.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
If you don't like some of the chants then don't participate in them.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Supporter culture as I know it and understand it, you are supposed to make fun of other teams supporters, not tragedies.

Make fun of their shit hole of a stadium for fucks sake.

How's your Dick....'s Stadium.

I wasn't at the game last night, so can't/won't comment on the chants of the game.

As for the Juventus game... I see nothing wrong with any chants sung during that game.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham
i bet you don't laugh at rape jokes either?

every team has "classless" chants against their opponents....from united mocking the hillsborough disaster, to teams in smaller eastern european countries singing songs about the wars and civil unrest that's been going on over there.

if you don't like it, don't come. i'd rather weed out those that don't have the stomach for it and have a smaller group of like minded individuals than be inflated with people who'd rather just sit and clap their hands every few minutes. let's kick the "family atmosphere" the fuck outta here.

learn to separate the event from a song sung at a soccer game.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

gprime85

gprime85

The Hooligan Reverend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts
  • Interests:beer.
  • Supports:RBNY CELTIC USA West Ham

First it was rocks, then streamers and now chants. The heads of ESC/GSS should enforce the code of conduct, because there are a FEW people who are ruining it for everyone.

there's nothing in the COC [sidenote: hehe.] that says there's limits as to how far to take chants. it's quite the opposite. you have an obligation to get as close to an ultras culture as possible.
{GSS}
"So wait, a brace is when someone scores 2 goals." "Yep." "...and a hat trick is 3 goals." "Right." "So than what's 5 goals? Is there a name for that?" "A Mathis."
In Soler/Backe We Trust.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That picture was taken at Giants Stadium after a game early in the season. And for the record, both of those guys are dedicated members of ESC and have been in the club for multiple seasons. Because someone was drinking out of a giant glass (albeit post game), you are saying they won't remember a match the next day? Whatever dude. You're the fun police... enjoy it.

As GPrime suggests, there are intimidation tactics. Case and point the New England USOC game. South Ward got under Shuttlesworth skin and it resulted in a pair of second half goals. Game, set, and match.

The South Ward is not "ruining" the stadium. That may be THE dumbest comment I've heard all season.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

i bet you don't laugh at rape jokes either?

every team has "classless" chants against their opponents....from united mocking the hillsborough disaster, to teams in smaller eastern european countries singing songs about the wars and civil unrest that's been going on over there.

if you don't like it, don't come. i'd rather weed out those that don't have the stomach for it and have a smaller group of like minded individuals than be inflated with people who'd rather just sit and clap their hands every few minutes. let's kick the "family atmosphere" the fuck outta here.

learn to separate the event from a song sung at a soccer game.

I kinda agree that being offensive is very entertaining and an effective distraction...

but 2 questions:

1) Is there is a line? if so, where is it?

2) Do you think we should have a 'family' section? I fucking hate it when I get to my seats and see a little kid sitting next to me...

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

you're kidding, right? He's provided better analysis of the game and this team on these boards than you could ever hope to achieve.

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

there are intimidation tactics.

For what? the 3 Colorado fans on the other side.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I kinda agree that being offensive is very entertaining and an effective distraction...

but 2 questions:

1) Is there is a line? if so, where is it?

2) Do you think we should have a 'family' section? I fucking hate it when I get to my seats and see a little kid sitting next to me...

I tend to draw the line at segregation...... :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users