177 replies to this topic

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Are you saying hes an all star? Cause...

he certainly saw all stars last night... [rimshot]

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i'd love for Sims to come back as our young DP (too lazy to look up if he qualifies for this next season) or at the very least as a TAM player.  Do I think he will come back? probably not

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he'd be a Young DP next yr, since he'll be 23 next season. same salary cap hit as Kaku's last yr, ~$200k. i'd want him to stay as well, liked what I saw in the limited time he spent with us!

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sims would be a nice piece to have as part of a roster, a guy who would start more often than not but he isn't the Lodeiro or Piatti like difference making signing. However I think there's no chance he's coming back, as much as I'd think it'd be smart to keep him. He brings something no one else on our roster has. 

This article is behind the Athletic paywall - https://theathletic....york-red-bulls/

But here is the most important part of the piece as it relates to this thread -

Sims is bullish about a potential return to Southampton and featuring for them in the second half of the 2019-20 season. To him, the move to New York was important for getting a series of 90-minute games to build up his footballing knowledge, as much as it was about talking with Hasenhuttl-style coaches.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

From 'Once A Metro': https://www.onceamet...on-to-come-back

So, I'm thinking that Sims would prefer to be back in the Prem, but if he's going to sit on the bench he'd be open to returning and getting 25 starts for NY. I'm sure Hamlett and Armas would agree to it, but likely depends on Hasenhuttl. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

after today's game vs Leicester, I think Sims is the least of Hasenhuttl's problems. May not even be there by Boxing Day.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

if he's going to sit on the bench he'd be open to returning and getting 25 starts for NY. 

Is living in NYC more fun for Sims & his gf than living in Southampton?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

after today's game vs Leicester, I think Sims is the least of Hasenhuttl's problems. May not even be there by Boxing Day.

dude glad i googled it - 9-0 OUCH

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

9-0 OUCH

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=-BIu5zOT25E
Brendan Rodgers 2nd, looking up at only Liverpool.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Just saw another article from Dylan Butler that indicates Sims wants to stay, but the loan didnt have a purchase option. Article made it sound like the clubs might try and work something out. Article has direct quotes from Sims.

https://www.prosocce...york-red-bulls/

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

honestly if we spent $2m for jorgensen, we should spend at least that much on sims.  only problem is not sure what southhampton values him at. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

not sure what southhampton values him at. 

EPL transfer fees are probably too rich for us.
OTOH, if Soton is relegated, perhaps Sims can trigger a release clause.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Just saw another article from Dylan Butler that indicates Sims wants to stay, but the loan didnt have a purchase option. Article made it sound like the clubs might try and work something out. Article has direct quotes from Sims.

https://www.prosocce...york-red-bulls/

Transfermkt has him at $2.8M. Jorgensen is at 1.4M  Kaku at 5.13M.  Valued at 3.9 Paid $6.27.  

So sounding like 50-75% more than what is valued.  Maybe 4.5-5M?

Can we just swap Sims for Long?  Aaron clearly wants and deserves a shot. 

After that 9-0 drubbing they clearly need help on the D line.  

Not sure I'd wanted to jump into a scorching hot relegation battle but Old Blighty here we go!

Quotes - very positive.  

I’ve said I’ve enjoyed my time here, so I’d be lying if I say I don’t want to come back because this is probably the most experience I’ve gained so far in my career,” Sims told Pro Soccer USA at the club’s season-ending media availability last week. “So I would happily come back. I’ve enjoyed it. Everyone’s been good to me. And I’ve learned a lot.”

“It’s up to the clubs now to sort out the money side of it. It’s definitely out of my hands,” Sims said. “So there’s a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes. I’m sure the clubs will come to some sort of discussions and we’ll from them”

He’s unsure of his future, but Sims is hoping for a bit of clarity sooner than later.

“You know how things are, sometimes it can take a bit longer,” Sims said. “We’ll see, but I think I’ll probably go back to England now and see my family and do a bit of training to stay fit.”

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts

not a bad suggestion, swap Sims for Long. still get the 650k in GAM, then it's perfect. it's up to Long if he wants to play in a system like that again, however. might want a completely different set up. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

not a bad suggestion, swap Sims for Long. still get the 650k in GAM, then it's perfect. it's up to Long if he wants to play in a system like that again, however. might want a completely different set up. 

why switch systems - he is great in it.  Makes switch easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users