7 replies to this topic

celta

celta

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Supports:Metros
What a great win, fellas! A little nerve-wracking...Tony almost gave it away, and then was magnificent for the remainder of the game...and Carlos Mendes made a terrific play to stop that ball from crossing the line.

But though I admit to being an SGR supporter...he really was excellent yesterday. He made some brilliant passes...that back-heel to Youri was a thing of beauty...that unfortunately was wasted. I definitely think we need to bring him back next year...understandably at a lower salary...probably closer to 100K. I honestly didn't like the substitution of Razov for SGR (even though I'm a big fan of Ante from his time in Spain)...SGR does a better job of holding possesion...though I do recognize Ante made a nice play to force a corner near the end.

Our team showed heart in the 2nd half...and I'm proud of their effort.

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I agree, I think SGR played well he never stops hustling and deserves his playing time. I would to have him back next year for a lower salary and especially if he gets his green card.

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

What a great win, fellas! A little nerve-wracking...Tony almost gave it away, and then was magnificent for the remainder of the game...and Carlos Mendes made a terrific play to stop that ball from crossing the line.

But though I admit to being an SGR supporter...he really was excellent yesterday. He made some brilliant passes...that back-heel to Youri was a thing of beauty...that unfortunately was wasted. I definitely think we need to bring him back next year...understandably at a lower salary...probably closer to 100K. I honestly didn't like the substitution of Razov for SGR (even though I'm a big fan of Ante from his time in Spain)...SGR does a better job of holding possesion...though I do recognize Ante made a nice play to force a corner near the end.

Our team showed heart in the 2nd half...and I'm proud of their effort.

With the exception of Tony who was by far the only reason Metro won, SGR was the best player on the field. I'm still pondering why Mo took him out and replaced with Razov. Once he did that, our offensive threat disappeared.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Bundesliga

Bundesliga

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Agreed with all you guys said.
I sure hope SGR stays, sees more time on the field
and also hope that Razov will go (never liked him).
Bad subbing by Mo - should have subbed Magee for Lisi.
Mo should stay - Lalas should GO
What great timing for Michael to score his first!!!!
He must have done that for good ol' Dad

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
SGR was OK...he did have what would have been two assists on the shots that hit the post.

I believe by the time Ante was subbed in, our offence was already waining for the game. I was happy to see Ante come in, because if he hadn't he would have had like a 3 week span of no games going into the playoffs.

Webster

Webster

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Given that he was warming up as soon as the half began, I think that Mo probably told Ante that he was coming in around the 60th minute because we needed a goal. I'm guessing that he went through with the sub a little later (68th minute) because he wanted some fresh legs in the game.

SGR looked like he was about to cry when he was taken out.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,869 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Given that he was warming up as soon as the half began, I think that Mo probably told Ante that he was coming in around the 60th minute because we needed a goal. I'm guessing that he went through with the sub a little later (68th minute) because he wanted some fresh legs in the game.

SGR looked like he was about to cry when he was taken out.

When i listen to the game on the Spanish Radio the commentators asked Johnson why he took out Galvan Rey and he said that Rey arrived from Colombia at 3 AM and didnt train with the team all week. Johnson was also afraid that he would run out of gas in the last 30 minutes.

Stallion

Stallion

official member of the David Caruso fanclub

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,170 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Rangers
He did look upset coming out, but he had to have been frustrated, he gave both Youri and Amado two great feeds and both of them clanged shots off the posts. He was hustling his ass off out there, great performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users