No chance we score

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Thank god I'll be traveling and won't be able to watch.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Will the Team Ops thugs attack the cardboard cutouts in the stands?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I'll be down at the jersey shore and hopefully getting blackout drunk and not watching this sorry excuse of a team

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I bet Kaku doesn't start again. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Please please please move Royer back to the midfield and go back to a single striker. Royer can play that quick pass in. It's not that complex, play to your player's strengths...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Please please please move Royer back to the midfield and go back to a single striker. Royer can play that quick pass in. It's not that complex, play to your player's strengths...

Shhh

No logic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i know in general we have tried to push this formation for a while.  But it just seems insane to try and push a formation with an extra striker this season without having any established strikers.  Instead of playing both Kaku and Royer in their best positions having them both at secondary spots just because we want to try out a football manager save file in real life is mindblowing.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

i know in general we have tried to push this formation for a while.  But it just seems insane to try and push a formation with an extra striker this season without having any established strikers.  Instead of playing both Kaku and Royer in their best positions having them both at secondary spots just because we want to try out a football manager save file in real life is mindblowing.

The thing that's weird is that Royer and Kaku are both really well-suited to the attacking midfield 2 in a 4-2-2-2. They can play through the middle, attack from wide, and drift into open spaces, and they both do all of those things well.

The issue is that you need really good defensive midfielders behind them and really quick strikers ahead of them. We don't have either in the first team.

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

I think play by Royer has always been good to excellent in attacking midfielder role but his play as a striker been below average. Using Kaku as sub is sheer stupidity by Armas. There must be a better way for Stroud to be in starting 11. Maybe using him over Casseres. Teaming Royer with Kaku is really the right way for this team to play. I don't feel play by Barlow, Jorgensen or White are a key to winning play. Hopefully the striker will brought in will be the one to lead team to winning ways. :unsure:

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

-----kaku-----

kaku- kaku-kaku

-----Back 7----

how many days left on Yearwood and Tetteh quarantine? 

Can we get a quarantine countdown clock?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

If we are going to play the 4-2-2-2 again, maybe play Kaku as the second striker.  That at least puts him in the middle of the pitch where he's been most effective.  Watching the match last night, I thought Royer was often in a position on the pitch you'd expect to see a CAM in if we were playing the 4-2-3-1.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

We don't have the players to play the 4-2-2-2, and even if we did, we don't have the coach for it.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

If we are going to play the 4-2-2-2 again, maybe play Kaku as the second striker.  That at least puts him in the middle of the pitch where he's been most effective.  Watching the match last night, I thought Royer was often in a position on the pitch you'd expect to see a CAM in if we were playing the 4-2-3-1.

Said this after the City match when RZA was playing there, if we arent going to play 2 pure CF/ST and continue to play the 4-2-2-2 thats where Kaku needs to be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users