Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Then you - and every single MLS fan - need to convince at least five and preferably ten people who've never seen an MLS game to start tuning in on the reg. These TV ratings are beyond unfortunate. National games drawing 200k? The Red Bulls have been at the top of that heap since singining Titi and they're doing 300k. That's wretched. When they start drawing a million eyeballs, they'll have the coin they need to pay players enough to turn down offers from France and Holland, if not England and Germany. Until then, the best they can do is keep more than they have, develop better than they have and scout/replace even more shrewdly than they have.
And to those those saying no starters are homegrown or started early, I'd contend the entire back line minus Olave falls into that category. Hell, even Roy Miller came cheap at the age of 25. Not a kid, but a good acquisition.

All right, Mr. Reporter Man. Now tell me how Rutgers basketball can fix itself.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

gas chamber.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Lol. That'll take a smarter man than I, my friend. But I'd say invest.

That said, 1) I get why Bob put the cash in football. If you want to have a good athletic department, you'd damn well better have a good football team (discounting the inner city Catholic Big East-type schools), and they had limited resources. It was the right move. 2) Landing Corey Sanders or Briscoe would help, and both would push the rebuilding project forward by years. 3) As far as I know, Wenzel, Gary and Eddie have never - how should I say this - monetarily incentivized players to come. Not saying Hill or Rice did, I just never got to build a relationship with them so I don't want to talk about what they did or didn't do. But I know several local coaches (not naming names) have. If you're not going to pay, you're going to need an edge. They can hope outworking folks, building better relationships and then reinvesting the BIg Ten cheddar on facilities provide those edges.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Lol. That'll take a smarter man than I, my friend. But I'd say invest.

That said, 1) I get why Bob put the cash in football. If you want to have a good athletic department, you'd damn well better have a good football team (discounting the inner city Catholic Big East-type schools), and they had limited resources. It was the right move. 2) Landing Corey Sanders or Briscoe would help, and both would push the rebuilding project forward by years. 3) As far as I know, Wenzel, Gary and Eddie have never - how should I say this - monetarily incentivized players to come. Not saying Hill or Rice did, I just never got to build a relationship with them so I don't want to talk about what they did or didn't do. But I know several local coaches (not naming names) have. If you're not going to pay, you're going to need an edge. They can hope outworking folks, building better relationships and then reinvesting the BIg Ten cheddar on facilities provide those edges.

Sign Mike Hopkins, the asst coach at SU for double his million dollar deal and utilize him for his recruiting skills and name him head coach with long tem deal. That beiong said he could chose to just wait JB out as he is heir apparant.  If not Hopkins, go after Shaka Smart with everything they can offer.  Yeah, I know he just moved on.  

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Shaka Smart is better off at VCU. Those VCU fans really know how to support a team and Smart has been very successful there. Rutgers is going to have a tough time in Big Ten with all the established powerhouses.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Stop playing basketball.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I read the title of the thread and thought Rutgers was going to put the "fix" in on basketball games.  It would be the only chance they'd have to win.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Going into the Big 10, Rutgers should be looking for one thing. More lube.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

losing right now to St. Peter's.

They must have perused this thread and taken the "stop playing basketball" advice.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Rutgers may be one of the worst B1G squads in recent memory as far as basketball goes, and my school has had some awful teams in the past.  

#RedBullOut

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

MAAC basketball, baby.

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Saw an RU billboard on my way back from Boston yesterday evening.  Go Cavaliers in the Barclay's Center.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users