18 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yeah do not understand the lack of sending people on loan never really hit the levels and consistenty I thought it would between MLS and RBS/RBL.

I get its a challenge to have people come to US from another country, people don't want to leave Europe, MLS but I thought that would be decreasing year over year but seems stagnant.

Yeah how does it work to have 5 players not all of them can see time or play for Leifering or even intra league loans.

honeslty if we can get Royer and Luq there are plenty of players out there. 

I know I know the system etc but come on. 

Between Struber and the new Head of Sport being Salzburg dudes, hopefully there is increased confidence in Salzburg brass that players will come here and have a chance to hone their skills. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Between Struber and the new Head of Sport being Salzburg dudes, hopefully there is increased confidence in Salzburg brass that players will come here and have a chance to hone their skills. 

As long as it's not leftover junk like Diarra.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Frankly tired of the synergy. Just kicking the can down the road because we cant scout.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

RZA type loans would be great - finished product veterans supplementing key positions.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Frankly tired of the synergy. Just kicking the can down the road because we cant scout.

I've always thought its one piece of the puzzle to getting over the line. In addition to RZA, don't forget where Coronel came from.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Only worth it to me with the buy option.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Only worth it to me with the buy option.

required per MLS rules that there is a buy option IIRC

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

required per MLS rules that there is a buy option IIRC

They dumped that rule a while ago

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

as evidenced by the continued Tom Edwards loan w/o buy clause, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

From OaM twitter:

"Mario Gomez has defended himself against the impression that Leipzig's sister clubs New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Bragantino in Brazil should offer young players a springboard to RB Leipzig, directly or indirectly. "This is often claimed, but it is simply not true. That was never so demanded by Oliver Mintzlaff or our board," the new Technical Director of the Leipzig, New York and Brazil locations told Kicker. "We want New York and Bragantino to be top in their leagues as independent clubs."

New York and Bragantino as a springboard to RB Leipzig? Gomez: "That's just not true" (rblive.de)

What he didnt say is whether Leipzig and Salzburg are springboards to NY.... I think that omission speaks volumes.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

From OaM twitter:

"Mario Gomez has defended himself against the impression that Leipzig's sister clubs New York Red Bulls and Red Bull Bragantino in Brazil should offer young players a springboard to RB Leipzig, directly or indirectly. "This is often claimed, but it is simply not true. That was never so demanded by Oliver Mintzlaff or our board," the new Technical Director of the Leipzig, New York and Brazil locations told Kicker. "We want New York and Bragantino to be top in their leagues as independent clubs."

New York and Bragantino as a springboard to RB Leipzig? Gomez: "That's just not true" (rblive.de)

What he didnt say is whether Leipzig and Salzburg are springboards to NY.... I think that omission speaks volumes.  

Mario Gomez reads Metrofanatic !?!?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

"We want New York to be top in their league."

How about a proven goalscorer then?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Supports:rbny

"We want New York and Bragantino to be top in their leagues as independent clubs."

RBNY is on their own. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't think it means much, clearly the company line is that there is no intentional policy to move players in either direction.

Some fans won't believe him, but I think it's true that the club has operated far more like a normal MLS club than one beholden to the whims of a larger sister club. I think it's Scouse that says it often here, if we're truly a farm team we're not very good at it!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Mario Gomez reads Metrofanatic !?!?

Does he know we would rather have HIM at striker than Klimala or Barlow?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users