2019 replies to this topic

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Harrison might be going to England which is great for us since he is actually pretty good. 

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

After four years of trying to make us seem like a minor league feeder team to Leipzig and/or Salzburg, NYCFC is ready to sell a promising young winger to Manchester City for a fraction of the other offers they received.

Meanwhile, 12 years into Red Bull ownership, we haven't sold or loaned a single player to Europe.

http://www.skysports...o-middlesbrough

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

After four years of trying to make us seem like a minor league feeder team to Leipzig and/or Salzburg, NYCFC is ready to sell a promising young winger to Manchester City for a fraction of the other offers they received.

Meanwhile, 12 years into Red Bull ownership, we haven't sold or loaned a single player to Europe.

http://www.skysports...o-middlesbrough

Not to defend any of the blue teams, of course, but where are you getting the underlined bit from? Article says Stoke weren't willing to pay what City I were.

We've probably never sent anyone to RB Leipzig because none of our guys have been good enough/of interest to them in their time in the Bundesliga (where they've been for 3-4 years, so 12 is a bit of a red herring). We've definitely tried using some of their castoffs (Damari, Gulbrandsen).

Would be interesting to see where Adams ends up when he leaves as he would be a perfect fit for their system.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i'd prefer that we don't sell/loan players to any of the Euro teams. I'd prefer the Matt Miazga method, get $$$ from some other Euro team. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

https://twitter.com/...600039495634948

Pep really seems excited about Harrison. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Hope the South Ward comes up with something creative for Boy Shitty's new jersey with "wings"!!!!
http://www.footyhead...ay-kit.html?m=1

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Looks like a training kit again.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT
The photo and video shoot was shot 4 blocks away from my home. Say what you want but the Blue Team has used East Harlem and the South Bronx to great effect.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid

https://twitter.com/...7443447808?s=19

wow they are steadily losing season ticket holders :unsure:

I'll probably get flamed for this but I want them to succeed. A rising tide lifts all boats. A vibrant successful soccer club in NYC with it's own stadium  that attracts attention from the media and gets fans to flock to it in droves will also help us too in the long run.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

they are steadily losing season ticket holders

I doubt that we even have half of their 16K.
When was the last time we saw legitimate ST numbers?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

https://twitter.com/...7443447808?s=19

wow they are steadily losing season ticket holders :unsure:

I'll probably get flamed for this but I want them to succeed. A rising tide lifts all boats. A vibrant successful soccer club in NYC with it's own stadium  that attracts attention from the media and gets fans to flock to it in droves will also help us too in the long run.

To each their own. I hope their franchise folds tomorrow, but that's about as likely to happen as them getting a stadium in the 5 boroughs. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

To each their own. I hope their franchise folds tomorrow, but that's about as likely to happen as them getting a stadium in the 5 boroughs. 

Same here, I would love to see them fold.

The nets being put up next year definitely won't help them retain season ticket holders.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

nets being put up ... won't help

I have read that the nets will be retractable.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Went to my first NYCFC game this weekend. OK crowd, stadium wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Fans were pretty cringeworthy. I got the feeling NYCFC gets a lot of support from "sports" fans, not soccer fans. I heard a lot of "fuck the Red Bulls" chants during a home game against the Galaxy, especially following the game, which was a little amusing. Very low soccer IQ where I was sitting (next to the supporters section). And after goal kicks, apparently they yell out this meme, "you shit bastards! rah! rah! rah!," that made me hope the team gets contracted very very soon.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Went to my first NYCFC game this weekend.

RB have played 4 derby matches there already, including the legendary 7-0 crushing in 2016. How have you managed to miss all of them?
http://www.metrofana...y&YEAR=0&HOME=2

Fans were pretty cringeworthy.

No surprise there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users