109 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,415 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
I do not have a subscription to The Athletic, but apparently this says that several French teams are interested in Duncan:

https://theathletic....id-earthquakes/

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Supports:Metro
And a Bundesliga team. Imo let him go/ sell him for what you can and splash cash on edwards to be the future at right back for next few years

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Cash in on Duncan and let him get another shot in Europe, Edwards probably offers comparable defense while offering more going forward (if they can get him to stay)

Either way hes going to need a contract extension, he can sign a pre contract like Mueller without one

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Love Duncan but it wouldn't be the worst thing to cash in during his contract year and use that money to keep Edwards around. That's how things should be working around here, move guys and have a suitable replacement lined up. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
Hey youre playing well? Great! Youre sold!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

"Cash in" only mean something if the offers are actually good. Hard to really know whether he should be sold without knowing the dollar figures. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Are you unaware of how most leagues not in the top 5 operate? This team even more so than most defers to young talent who are looking to springboard to Europe.

The problem isnt selling a player, its finding a replacement or having one ready to go. RBNY may have the global scouting structure at their disposal but theyve done a poor to mediocre job of acquiring talent over the past few years. The Thelwell era is too early to judge

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

His contract is running out and he can leave on a free. RBNY have been talking to his agent because they want to keep him but may sell him if he's set on leaving for Europe. It says all of this in the article but I guess it's a lot easier to skip the homework and be cynical. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I do not have a subscription to The Athletic, but apparently this says that several French teams are interested in Duncan:

https://theathletic....id-earthquakes/

The Duncan bit from the article:

Duncan out of contract at end of season, drawing interest from French clubs
Right back Kyle Duncan is drawing interest from French clubs Metz and Montepellier, and at least one Bundesliga club, as he winds down his contract with the New York Red Bulls, a source says.

Duncan, who will turn 24 on Aug. 8, has performed well for New York this year, ranking near the top of the league in tackles won, interceptions and successful pressures through 14 regular season appearances, 13 of which have been starts. He received his first U.S. cap in the teams December win over El Salvador, then was included on the roster for January camp but did not play as the Americans closed the month with a win against Trinidad & Tobago. He was named to the U.S.s 60-man preliminary squad for the Gold Cup, but did not make the cut to participate in the tournament.

A product of the Red Bulls academy, Duncan turned pro with French Ligue 2 club Valenciennes in October 2015. He did not make any senior appearances in his two years there and returned to New York to sign with the Red Bulls ahead of the 2018 season. He tore his ACL early in his first year in MLS but has gone on to become an important contributor for the Red Bulls, earning the clubs defender of the year award in 2020 and continuing his solid play in 2021.

Because hes in the final six months of his deal, Duncan is free to sign a pre-contract with a foreign club. If he does, he would finish out the season with the Red Bulls and move abroad in January. Elsewhere in MLS, Orlando City winger Chris Mueller just signed a pre-contract to join Scottish Premiership club Hibernian in the new year.

The Red Bulls could also attempt to sell Duncan before the close of the summer transfer window, though the market for a player of his stature on an expiring deal isnt likely to be very robust. A source said the Red Bulls have been in discussions with Duncan about signing a new deal.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Love Duncan but it wouldn't be the worst thing to cash in during his contract year and use that money to keep Edwards around. That's how things should be working around here, move guys and have a suitable replacement lined up. 

Who's going to replace Edwards at CB?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

IMO he is a good player on caliber of former standout players like Petke, Taxi, Tim Ream or Miaza. The team shouldn't settle for  less that what they received for them.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

IMO he is a good player on caliber of former standout players like Petke, Taxi, Tim Ream or Miaza. The team shouldn't settle for  less that what they received for them.

He's out of contract.  We get nothing for him unless we sign and extend him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
Duncan leaving by itself is no big deal. Im just not going to accept the current strategy of the team. You want to train guys up and sell them on? Thats fine. But then invest more in the roster and stop being so narrow minded in your signings.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

He's out of contract.  We get nothing for him unless we sign and extend him.

He's out of contract at the end of the year.  If a team wants him now, they have to pay.  They won't have to pay much, but a transfer now should involve a fee.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,415 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
I didnt realize he was almost out of contract. My guess is he signs a pre-contract and leaves on a free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users