What's the deal with Yearwood? Seriously, what's the deal?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

This isn't new unfortunately, I remember Doyle giving him shit for it after a guy he failed to track made a run from the midfield to score a game winning goal. Shame cause Yearwoods a tremendous athlete and could be a game changer if he were able to stay focused for 90 min.

I am sorry, what did you say?

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

This isn't new unfortunately, I remember Doyle giving him shit for it after a guy he failed to track made a run from the midfield to score a game winning goal. Shame cause Yearwoods a tremendous athlete and could be a game changer if he were able to stay focused for 90 min.

That is something that can be learned and hopefully he picks up on that.

We looked really good with davis, yearwood, casseres and clark. And amaya being the super sub.

Wiki has a nice shot but he should be getting playing time with rb 2. He can take over that super sub role when clark leaves.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,445 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I am sorry, what did you say?

Game last year, Yearwood forgot to defend his mark, that guy ran into the box and scored, we lost

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Game last year, Yearwood forgot to defend his mark, that guy ran into the box and scored, we lost

Hahaha, sorry but I was being sarcastic to your comment about not being able to concentrate for 90 minutes

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,445 posts

Hahaha, sorry but I was being sarcastic to your comment about not being able to concentrate for 90 minutes

lol sorry sleep deprivation has set in and I not only missed the joke but assumed I lost the ability to form coherent thoughts

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,200 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yearwood is off RBNYII, looks like. So what's the deal now?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Yearwood is off RBNYII, looks like. So what's the deal now?

All first teamers outside Luca Lewis/Jorgensen are getting the week off and didn't travel to Pittsburgh earlier this week. Likely due to the volume of matches coming up and *gasp* rotation(!?!) of some players. May get a Yearwood sighting soon.

Still have no idea how we have every international player up though unless we magically acquired another slot.

Coronel, Edwards, Egbo, Pendant, Monzon, Reyes, Yearwood, Carmona, Royer, Fabio, Klimala.

Assuming CCJ got his green card (mixed messages there) and Diarra is deemed "unavailable" and Jorgensen is loaned out to NYRBII for the rest of the year, that's still 11 players for 10 spots (8 standard, the Forever traded spot, Muyl trade).

Typically we have kept another player with II (usually Egbo, Pendant, or Yearwood) to play outside the rules a bit.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,200 posts

I remember the days when we had 4 international slots and treated each as a treasure... Now we just waste them on third stringers.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I remember the days when we had 4 international slots and treated each as a treasure... Now we just waste them on third stringers.

This. All the way until what early 2000s? Cant remember, We cant even take advantage of te three precious DP rule.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
$2M on a coach who has not won any championship.

$2M!

Olesh

Olesh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars Black

Wasn't it 3 for a number of years? Back when signing Egdar Bartolomeu was considered a big (and high-risk) move, and Andy Williams got passed around the league like a hot potato despite being one of the better (and cheap) attacking players.

Makes you appreciate when teams had far fewer mechanisms to improve (ie Moreno/Galvan Rey screwing Bradley). Today's GMs have little to complain about in comparison. Yet they wonder why apathy is so high when they burn potentially valuable roster slots on third stringers.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

$2M on a coach who has not won any championship.

$2M!

For Red Bull Corporate that feels like you spending $2 at CVS.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

I've felt Armas wasnt great at developing players, but maybe I was being unfair. Has Struber done better with players from last year? 

Amro - Worse

Nealis -  Better

Davis - Better

Clark - Worse (surgery?)

Royer - Worse (age?)

Omir - Worse

Duncan - Same

Yearwood - Worse

Egbo - Worse

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I've felt Armas wasnt great at developing players, but maybe I was being unfair. Has Struber done better with players from last year? 

Amro - Worse
Nealis -  Better
Davis - Better
Clark - Worse (surgery?)
Royer - Worse (age?)
Omir - Worse
Duncan - Same
Yearwood - Worse
Egbo - Worse

Not sure Tarek & Fernandez are worse. Clark was better before his surgery.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,445 posts

Amro - Worse

Nealis -  Better

Davis - Better

Clark - Worse (surgery?)

Royer - Worse (age?)

Omir - Worse

Duncan - Same

Yearwood - Worse

Egbo - Worse

I don't know if I'd say that anyone who doesn't have an injury excuse actually looks worse, even if they don't necessarily look better. I would have added CCJ as 'Better' prior to Copa America burnout.

Yearwood and Clark are the only guys on that list marked 'worse' that I think have any real potential to get better, and I agree with McSoccer that Clark's surgery took a toll. Tarek is older and has always been error-prone, Omir and Egbo are not MLS-quality players imo.

I think Struber's done enough on the development front, fact is that the team is so young he's being asked to be both a reserve and first team coach at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users