36 replies to this topic

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Lets take a look at the important sporting hierarchy with RBNY

Thelwell, Struber, and Mccafferty (obviously) all have a background in academy/player development, that seems to be by design based on the type of roster and signings made over the recent period.

As long as RBNY do a better job of development within their own academy Mccaffertys job is safe. He is fulfilling the #1 priority of the global philosophy.

If Struber has to be the scapegoat for poor results on the field/poor quality in the team or deservingly gets sacked on his own accord, theyll just replace him with another coach with a similar background.

Thelwell probably gets to make one more coaching change before he potentially faces the axe. However, if he is being constrained by global or doing exactly what his bosses are laying out for him its possible it doesnt matter how good or bad NY does under his guidance and a promotion is in the cards.

Only one of those three cost millions to bring in hell be the last one to go in the event there are firings if only because of the $

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I would agree that it is surprising the defense has not been worse than it has and Struber should get some credit for that. I am not saying Struber is the world's worst coach but some people seem to have tons of faith in him, which he has done little to deserve from what I can tell.  I think it is interesting, as others have said, that Barnsley's offense (and the team as a whole) improved significantly after he left. It seems that the evidence is that he can set up a good defense but is just bad at setting up and offense. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I think it is interesting, as others have said, that Barnsley's offense (and the team as a whole) improved significantly after he left. It seems that the evidence is that he can set up a good defense but is just bad at setting up and offense. 

They also brought in Dike, at a position Struber had been complaining Barnsley needed to improve at, after Struber left.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,316 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They also brought in Dike, at a position Struber had been complaining Barnsley needed to improve at, after Struber left.

Dike came in February, and their unbeaten run coincided with that. But they improved right after Struber left, before taking a dive but recovering for a 5-1 run to end the year pre-Dike. Then lost 3 straight, tied 2, then Dike.

https://en.wikipedia...ley_F.C._season

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,340 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

why is this some kind of accomplishment to lose a lot of games by one goal?

It isn't, of course.
Might as well describe finishing 8th as being
top of the list of those who missed the playoffs.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,814 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

As for the topic, some people make an attempt to defend one or the other, but I don't see anyone defending Struber AND Thelwell.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts

here is a post no one probably needs to read

https://www.mlssocce...ayoffs-schedule

I mean yes we will run rampant through the 6 games in next 3 weeks starting by offing the Racoons!!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users