iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Free transfer, 20% sell-on fee.

The sell-on fee is hilarious. We couldn't get anything for him, but just in case an Egyptian club can squeeze something out of a 29 year old CB...

Good luck to Amro, seemed like a decent enough dude but too expensive to be surplus parts going into next year.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Explains why we signed 2 CBs, with all the other gaps we have to fill.   $400K Amro was on can't be covering both of them.   He was error prone, which you can't have in that position, but he had talent, worked hard, and gave much needed minutes.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Supports:rbny

Sure, why not. We are loaded at that position.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,445 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
So we gave him away for free?

Was it a "Hey, I know we agreed to sell him to you, we need him until some guys return from injury, so we will give him to you for free afterwards since the window will be closed, but we will get a sell-on fee instead"?
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,424 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

So we gave him away for free?

I kind of figured he'd be walking away at the end of this year anyway, assuming he was on a typical three year contract that RBNY renewed in 2019.

I was blown away by the rumors that any team would actually be willing to pay a fee for him. With his cap hit I didn't think any MLS teams would be interested either.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
Didnt really need him in the sense that we dont need 3rd or 4th string CB making that much. Last year of contract I guess getting that 20% sell on fee is something because I thought he was just walking for free. Good guy but questionable when he played at times. Best of luck to him.

LONG LIVE METRO

bkizoulis

bkizoulis

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Good luck tarek. He wasn't always the best but he did put in good games for the team. He was a Free agent at the end of the year so getting anything for him is a plus. Got a big salary off the books but will we spend it is the question? I guess next year we will go with Long, Nealis, Monzon, reyes and Issiar Drame.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Good Luck Amro!

Was this a move to open up an international spot? 

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Good Luck Amro!

Was this a move to open up an international spot? 

he is American

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts

Good luck tarek. He wasn't always the best but he did put in good games for the team. He was a Free agent at the end of the year so getting anything for him is a plus. Got a big salary off the books but will we spend it is the question? I guess next year we will go with Long, Nealis, Monzon, reyes and Issiar Drame.

We just signed two new CBs.  I'm sure they will cost more than his $400K.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

We just signed two new CBs.  I'm sure they will cost more than his $400K.

Cap hit wise probably not. Monzon has a reduced hit because hes a U22 player and Drame when announced will surely be 100k or less. Probably saving a little there, but it evens out with Nealis new contract.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

he is American

Right. roster spot then? With our injury/red card issues/jettison of Parker, I'm hesitate to make the position weaker in anyway. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts

Cap hit wise probably not. Monzon has a reduced hit because hes a U22 player and Drame when announced will surely be 100k or less. Probably saving a little there, but it evens out with Nealis new contract.

I doubt Drame is that cheap, but will be happy if true

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Good luck Amro

played with heart and guile.  Put in some good games but also made too many errors and qustionable fouls.  

I thought he was good signing at the time but too expensive for quality at this  point.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users