32 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Amaya was doing pretty well before his injury during the summer then he just lost all his confidence.  Its a disaster that he didnt make the squad last game but he's not devoid of talent.  When in form he adds some technical proficiency that some of the other midfielders dont have.  But Struber doesnt value that.

He should be better next year

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Henry and bwp looked like trash when they first arrived but we did okay with those signings.

First of all, while those two weren't at their best they weren't "incapable of making the gameday roster" bad. They were generating opportunities and showing flashes.

Secondly, they came over when MLS was midseason and they were basically in offseason mode based on the European soccer calendar. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

First of all, while those two weren't at their best they weren't "incapable of making the gameday roster" bad. They were generating opportunities and showing flashes.

Secondly, they came over when MLS was midseason and they were basically in offseason mode based on the European soccer calendar. 

We don't know why Amaya didn't make the 18.  Struber may be trying to push him by leaving him out.  Maybe he was "incapable of making the gameday roster", only Struber knows.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

it is still a transition. People are human. Let the guy settle and adjust for a year. To give up on him right now is ridiculous.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Dont give up on him but also dont count on him to be some difference maker next season. Good teams dont succeed on hoping and wishing someone performs, they prepare.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

it is still a transition. People are human. Let the guy settle and adjust for a year. To give up on him right now is ridiculous.

Who's giving up on him? I'm not saying release him on a free in December. Doesn't change the fact that the transfer grades as an F so far and he hasn't even played like an MLS-caliber bench player, let alone anywhere close to the ability expected.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,125 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Amaya ... should be better next year

Amaya should have been better this year.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts
Ya, really don't know how anyone couldn't be extremely negative on this acquisition at this point. We gave a TON for him, and even when he plays the team doesn't get much. You can easily see why he's not playing.

The guy is definitely not a 10, just doesn't have the vision for it, and I don't see him as a 6 either. There's something there that could be developed but it's yet another player who we have to project on. Developing guys is hard... If it was even remotely easy, the same coaches would constantly be developing guys. Most of the burden to be good is on the player.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,700 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Nobody is giving up on him.    We are giving up on the people who built this team almost entirely out of unproven kids in need of development, who may or may not ever turn into anything.  They tried to replace Kaku with a kid who has thus far shown no ability to do that.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
Turns out a first team full of players in development is not an ideal environment for player development. Who knew?

RED. BULL. OUT.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Turns out a first team full of players in development is not an ideal environment for player development. Who knew?

Everyone except for Red Bull.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Nobody is giving up on him.    We are giving up on the people who built this team almost entirely out of unproven kids in need of development, who may or may not ever turn into anything.  They tried to replace Kaku with a kid who has thus far shown no ability to do that.

I agree... I am not a fan of the brain trust.

We needed atleast another vet or two to help with the transition and teach these kids how to manage the flow of the game.

Next season, if these kids dont start to perform. Thelwell needs to leave.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Amaya should have been better this year.

literally no one disagrees with you.  just saying i think we can salvage him with the right coaching and by playing a couple more guys that are good on the ball.  ultimately if they dont turn things around next year both Struber and amaya will have to find other employers.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

literally no one disagrees with you.  just saying i think we can salvage him with the right coaching and by playing a couple more guys that are good on the ball.  ultimately if they dont turn things around next year both Struber and amaya will have to find other employers.

yeah, he has shown some flashes. The coach has to figure out how to get those flashes to be a consistent 90 minute performance.

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

yeah, he has shown some flashes. The coach has to figure out how to get those flashes to be a consistent 90 minute performance.

He's just not being brave enough or showing that desire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users