48 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Looked like an absolute fool last fall in the way he handled the Giovinco free kick.

Tonight, stood there frozen as Medunjanin belted a ball in from very far out.

Is there trouble brewing here? He is 5th this season in the league in GAA, so his stats look fine -- yet...the brain farts are starting to become more frequent.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Is there trouble brewing here?

No. So he gave up two arguably soft goals in two years, is thread thread a joke?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I agree. Goalkeepers should be perfect. Any mistake is grounds for immediate extermination. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The ball seemed to knuckle, so much so that I watched the replay on the scoreboard, to see if it deflected.
Why not bitch about the second goal, while you are at it? Luis should always stop breakaways!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Looked like an absolute fool last fall in the way he handled the Giovinco free kick.

Is there trouble brewing here? He is 5th this season in the league in GAA, so his stats look fine -- yet...the brain farts are starting to become more frequent.

Giovinco kick wasn't his fault--Murillo was supposed to move to the back post but was late.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The ball seemed to knuckle, so much so that I watched the replay on the scoreboard, to see if it deflected.
Why not bitch about the second goal, while you are at it? Luis should always stop breakaways!

Looking closer at his stats, I noticed he doesn't have a single goal in his time here. What are we even paying the guy for?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Giovinco kick wasn't his fault--Murillo was supposed to move to the back post but was late.

This is correct. Murillo's screw up made Robles look terrible to anyone who didn't know Murillo blew it (and nobody in the crowd knew it until after the game).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Maybe we can get David de Gea to replace Robles? Manchester United might be looking to dump him cheap after making one mistake at the World Cup.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Don't know why you're shitting on the OP. Snarky replies won't hide the fact that Robles hasn't looked automatic anymore as he did a few years ago. The gap between him and Meara has slowly but obviously been shrinking over time.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

This is correct. Murillo's screw up made Robles look terrible to anyone who didn't know Murillo blew it (and nobody in the crowd knew it until after the game).

Robles WAS terrible in that entire series, Murillo mistake or not. He was practically hugging the post opposite to the one SG shot at, absolute terrible positioning. Could have avoided first goal too by not giving up rebound right in front of him. Scared shitless of Giovinko and was afraid to parry the ball to the side like he should have because SG was in the area. Let's not defend the guy when he royally fucks up, like he did against Toronto, and yes, on that long strike yesterday, where at least could have attempted to do something other than watching the goal highlight. This wasn't quite the Tim Howard blunder against T&T, but close.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Don't know why you're shitting on the OP. Snarky replies won't hide the fact that Robles hasn't looked automatic anymore as he did a few years ago. The gap between him and Meara has slowly but obviously been shrinking over time.

Imagine for a second if I wrote a post titled,"Global Warming???" and then wrote about how I think we need to do something about the environment because my ice cream melted in my car faster than I expected.

Yeah, there is merit to a discussion about global warming. But my reasoning is fucking laughable.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

No. So he gave up two arguably soft goals in two years, is thread thread a joke?

Yep. The question is either A) Robles under-performs in elimination games, or B) Robles is getting worse and might be in danger of losing his starting spot. OP did not make a good case for either.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Don't know why you're shitting on the OP. Snarky replies .

Perhaps the OP should not be snarky in discussing one of our all-time greats. Save the snide comments for opposing players.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Blindly supporting the all time greats got us Tim Howard in goal vs Trinidad and Tobago

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Anyone criticizing Robles on Giovincos free kick fans from the playoffs last year needs to do a little homework on what happened there. If you understand everything the situation and are still blaming Robles for that goal, then you an f-ing idiot. Cant comment on Phillys first goal last night, I was watching at an outdoor viewing party and didnt get to see a good replay.

Also, I think Meara is a great keeper, the problem with him is that he gets too many knocks. Obviously, you cannot say the same about Robles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users