Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,577 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

A potential Brazilian premier league has already drawn the interest of investors, including a U.S.-based group that is considering backing the project to the tune of $750 million to $1 billion, according to former ESPN executive Scott Guglielmino, one of the group’s stakeholders.

Last Thursday, in the wake of the Brazilian national team advancing to its 22nd Copa America final, news of a potential breakaway domestic soccer league in South America’s biggest country surfaced. Nearly all of Brazil’s most prominent clubs, apparently dissatisfied with how the Brazilian Football Federation (CBF) has run the top-level national league, called Brasileirão, have threatened to start a new league if they aren’t given more control over when and under what conditions games are played.

Aside from Guglielmino, Charles Stillitano, the executive chairman of Relevent Sports, and Lawrence McGrath, the director of Silver Rock Management, are said to be involved, along with lawyer Flavio Zveiter in Brazil.

https://www.yahoo.co...-095517670.html

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users