• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Celtic's out?

Rangers still in a lower division?

3ff4980d9b0b03b81a06157bbb34ddc8.gif

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Waiting for Belle & Sebastian to field a team...

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Good game on his debut today apparently

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Good game on his debut today apparently

2 assists.. but was against 3rd division team Airdrieonians.

Great debut tho. 

http://www.si.com/pl...-debut-scotland

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

In the first 25 minutes, Zelalem had more possession on the field than all of the players on Airdry. Everyone is impressed. There are some questions about who he could displace in the first team, but he's going to get a lot of minutes and he's going to shred some teams. 

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

People care about Scottish soccer? NCAA has got to be more competitive and draw bigger crowds. Hell I bet there are some NJ high school matches that are more worth watching than SPL games.

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

People care about Scottish soccer? NCAA has got to be more competitive and draw bigger crowds. Hell I bet there are some NJ high school matches that are more worth watching than SPL games.

The NCAA draws better than MLS. That's a terrible comparison. 

Yes, there are people that care. Some people, like myself, have been following certain teams since before MLS existed. Recognizing that the quality has deteriorated doesn't negate the affection for a first love. 

This thread only exists because it involves a very highly touted young American. 

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

anamorican

anamorican

Agent of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Supports:Monster
I like Scottish soccer and even I haven't bothered to post in this thread. That's how relevant Fitba is.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

The NCAA draws better than MLS. That's a terrible comparison. 

I had no idea. That's pretty cool. What schools draw the best?

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Don't claim this is official in any way, but a quick google search shows the highest attendance for any NCAA soccer game in 2014 was 14,345. I know there are a few MLS teams with a better average attendance than that: https://en.wikipedia...s_soccer_season

Here is a report on the 2012 season: http://fs.ncaa.org/D...3/attend.pdf?so it's a few years old. UConn had the largest TOTAL attendance of 59,000 over 14 games coming to an average of about 4,200 per game. UC Santa Barbara had the highest average at 5,500. Doesn't Seattle play a few games a season with over 59,000?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't claim this is official in any way, but a quick google search shows the highest attendance for any NCAA soccer game in 2014 was 14,345. I know there are a few MLS teams with a better average attendance than that: https://en.wikipedia...s_soccer_season

Here is a report on the 2012 season: http://fs.ncaa.org/D...3/attend.pdf?so it's a few years old. UConn had the largest TOTAL attendance of 59,000 over 14 games coming to an average of about 4,200 per game. UC Santa Barbara had the highest average at 5,500. Doesn't Seattle play a few games a season with over 59,000?

I thought he was being sarcastic. Come on Vanderbeek.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

that's why Mansfield CT was recently rated the #2 soccer city in the US! The capacity of the Uconn stadium is 5200, its regarded as a pretty good NCAA venue.   I haven't looked into it, but im quite sure most SPL stadiums hold more than that.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

that's why Mansfield CT was recently rated the #2 soccer city in the US! The capacity of the Uconn stadium is 5200, its regarded as a pretty good NCAA venue.   I haven't looked into it, but im quite sure most SPL stadiums hold more than that.

UConn's home field is ass. There are high school venues that put it to shame. They're did just get a huge donation to renovate it, though.

The reason UConn does so well is that...well, it's in fucking Storrs, making the only viable alternative cow tipping.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Supposedly had another good game in a 5-0 league game today. This is too easy for Rangers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users