onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Hey Elseth7,

I don't know you and this is appropriate, go fuck yourself. "Metro" in the name didn't come from the "Greater Metro Area" it came from Metromedia, a corporation. :cheers:

Actually if you want to get even more technical it came from Nike. And the whole Metro was a marketing gimic cover for MetroMedia rumor has been disproven countless times, only time i ever see it regurgetated is by Red Bull "apologists" trying to foolishly claim that the name is no different.

But you don't have to go fuck yourself, as i think will all the fucking of selves going on in this thread right, now we have passed that limit.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

"Metro" in the name didn't come from the "Greater Metro Area" it came from Metromedia, a corporation.

You are still going to have to hear it sung/chanted regardless of where it came from.
When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

Go Fuck yourself.

Truth really stings, doesn't it -

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

Not sure I follow you. :huh:

Simple short answer.... you're trying so hard to jusitfy your actions to yourself, let alone your fellow supporter when in reality you're no different then those you point your finger at. You're on the fence, you have one leg on each side and when the moment suits you, you'll step to one side of the fence to other.

Credit for trying to so hard to convince yourself and other's but you're on the fence, pick a side, right now you're just inbetween the following...

&

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

wutangclan

wutangclan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Supports:rbny portugal,italia,

Simple short answer.... you're trying so hard to jusitfy your actions to yourself, let alone your fellow supporter when in reality you're no different then those you point your finger at. You're on the fence, you have one leg on each side and when the moment suits you, you'll step to one side of the fence to other.

Credit for trying to so hard to convince yourself and other's but you're on the fence, pick a side, right now you're just inbetween the following...

&

dude so hows life in south florida?
gather up all your own!!get ready for this new world order! shit is about to change muthafuckaaaaaaaaa...

whiteys trying to slave us

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The Austrians already got what they wanted from the deal - an open air venue in a major metro area to pimp their name 24/7/365 as they see fit. If that project hadn't been in the works the Austrians don't even take notice.

In that case, RB could just have easily have waited for someone else to build the stadium, and then purchased the naming rights.
I'm no fan of RB, but they have invested hundreds of millions of dollars in the club & stadium. I'm more offended by their failure to field a decent team than anything else. For people who are supposed to be marketing whizzes, I'm also surprised at their ineptitude in marketing soccer in general and the team in particular, even in the context of their drink.
I think that the RBFO consider ESC & the Metro supporter remnants more with benign neglect than anything else. We haven't all left, though many have. We aren't sponsoring a new Metro team in an eighth division league, in the hopes of eventually gaining promotion to the first division. They'd like to co-opt us, but can't figure out how. The other supporter groups are smaller and less vocal. But, considering the roots of ESC, I feel that, in any case, it would be outside any management, whether RB, MetroStars or anyone else.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

In that case, RB could just have easily have waited for someone else to build the stadium, and then purchased the naming rights.

True, but there would have been no income involved. Any event booked into the new venue will surely involve the all important "sponsored by Red Bull" line in exchange for a break on the fee to use the place. It's going to be all Red Bull, all the time once you set foot in the joint. The Austrians are dumb like a fox.

One thing is certain GmbH never looked before they leaped into this deal and as you said look lost in finding a way to pull all the pieces together.
When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

but there would have been no income involved. Any event booked into the new venue will surely involve the all important "sponsored by Red Bull" line in exchange for a break on the fee to use the place.

"taking place at Red Bull Arena" wouldn't have been enough?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Removed_by_request

Removed_by_request

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Actually if you want to get even more technical it came from Nike. And the whole Metro was a marketing gimic cover for MetroMedia rumor has been disproven countless times, only time i ever see it regurgetated is by Red Bull "apologists" trying to foolishly claim that the name is no different.

But you don't have to go fuck yourself, as i think will all the fucking of selves going on in this thread right, now we have passed that limit.

Team owners John Kluge and Stuart Subotnick were executives at the company Metromedia, leading to the inclusion of "Metro" as part of the soccer team's name. Nike wanted the full name to be MetroFlash, but MetroStars was selected.

The Metromedia name has lived on in other projects by Kluge such as the Metromedia Restaurant Group, though the ventures have been largely unrelated to television. When Kluge bought into Major League Soccer in 1995, the club he operated was named MetroStars (now Red Bull New York) after his company.

The MetroStars were known as the New York/New Jersey MetroStars through 1997. The team's name came from MetroMedia, a company owned by the club's original owner/operator John Kluge.

Taken from 3 different articles, from 3 different websites.

I know the internet is full of lies, but, this seems pretty straight forward.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Team owners John Kluge and Stuart Subotnick were executives at the company Metromedia, leading to the inclusion of "Metro" as part of the soccer team's name. Nike wanted the full name to be MetroFlash, but MetroStars was selected.

The Metromedia name has lived on in other projects by Kluge such as the Metromedia Restaurant Group, though the ventures have been largely unrelated to television. When Kluge bought into Major League Soccer in 1995, the club he operated was named MetroStars (now Red Bull New York) after his company.

The MetroStars were known as the New York/New Jersey MetroStars through 1997. The team's name came from MetroMedia, a company owned by the club's original owner/operator John Kluge.

Taken from 3 different articles, from 3 different websites.

I know the internet is full of lies, but, this seems pretty straight forward.

But alas they were not the MetroMedia's...it is named by a corporation but it is somewhat disguised and it was a soccer team...we are the Red Bulls...there is no disguising their intentions here...and calling us a soccer team would be a stretch.

Metromedia wanted a soccer team...Red Bull wants an advertisement.

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC

...... I'm more offended by their failure to field a decent team than anything else..............

That.

Whoever owns this team, a billionaire, a group of owners, a corporate entity, they will all come and go. The support will never leave. The team will never leave (ok, here in the USA a team “re-location” is possible). It’s the duty of the support to question & judge the current owners results, direction and motives.

After 4 years of the current ownership, the results on the field have been less than stellar. Indeed, AIG & Bob Bradley looked better. With the new stadium, Soler & Bierscorfer, a new coach, 2010 will be a pivotal point in this team’s history. Let’s hope its football first, soda second.

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

&

I miss the Chappelle Show.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

The Metrologist

The Metrologist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It’s the duty of the support to question & judge the current owners results, direction and motives.

All well and good, but what's the point of questioning and judging when anything you have to say, based on those questions and judgments, is guaranteed to fall on deaf ears?

Talking to the people who really run the show - RB proper, not the RBFO, mind you - is like talking to a wall. A wall in Austria.
No one makes TV commercials to get people to look at their billboards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users