What are there more fans of "Red Bull" or "Metro"

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Are there more "Red Bull" fans than "Metro" fans? (65 member(s) have cast votes)

So, what do you think is or are you?

1. Red Bull. Hence don't give a shit about #RedBullOut (6 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Metro. Fans that care more about the team than what is spoon fed. (51 votes [77.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.27%

3. About the same. I mean we have more than one supporters group. (8 votes [12.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

4. Hard to tell. We'll see this year. Let's give time for things to unravel. (1 votes [1.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

It got me thinking what the deal is with the fan base. Is it a bunch of soccer moms/dads that can't tell who Stolz is from McCarty or the hard core guys that the name Rob Johnson sends contractions down their spine.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Forza Metro.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
More the former I would suspect.

You do need them, but the latter is far more important in sustaining a club through the lean times.

jj____

jj____

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FFC

I'm so confused

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
Real easy - Metro is our club. Red Bull is a bunch of interlopers who have hijacked our club, made sure priority #1 has nothing to do with soccer and is now fully committed to running the club into the ground.

RedBullOut

RedBullOut

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:The sale of our club

It's not as much of a Red Bull vs. Metro thing at this stage as it is a Red Bull not knowing what they're doing, using our team to push their soda, fire the best coach/gm combo in club history, ignore any sort of marketing whatsoever, and go cheap on the roster thing.

jj____

jj____

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, FFC

Real easy - Metro is our club. Red Bull is a bunch of interlopers who have hijacked our club, made sure priority #1 has nothing to do with soccer and is now fully committed to running the club into the ground.

But you voted for the first option

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Not sure I understand the question.  I am confident, numerically, that there are far more Red Bull fans than Metro holdovers.    That doesn't mean I don't want RB out, unless they start spending money, and stop doing shit that hurts the team on the field.     

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
So, what do you think is or are you?

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

More RB fans for sure I'd say.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I'm a fan of the team....regardless of whether they're called Red Bulls or MetroStars. If they rebranded as something else tomorrow, i'd probably still come see them whatever they changed to.

I'm not particularly happy with the drink ownership/advertising , but i can't deny I've been pretty happy with what they have put into the team over recent years (Best league venue IMHO, very reasonably priced tickets for NY metro area, chances to watch Henry play 50+ games in person, postseason appearances for 5 straight years). That said, they look to be going cheapo now at a time when they have serious local competition, which concerns me about their commitment going forward. I'm willing to give it sometime to play out before i get the pitchforks, unlike most people on this board.

To put it in perspective. My other favorite teams, the Jets and Mets, have been proportionally much larger failures over the same time span and for longer periods of time before that...so i'm a little more patient with RB than some others might be. 

BWP99

BWP99

New Signing

• Pip
  • 16 posts
I'm a fan of the team itself. Right now the team is Red Bull.

I wouldn't mind a rebrand to a non-drink, but I'm not going to kick and pout that the team is not the Metrostars. I care more about the team on the field than black and red colors, jersey mockups and crests, or what is or what wasn't written on the neck collar. Apparently for some here though it's the opposite. That group though is an extremely small minority I believe and the general fanbase does not identify with them.

I think as long as the team is winning people won't care, but when they lose the Metro stuff comes out as a scapegoat. But its not like the Metrostars were really good either.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Half of our on-field existence has been as the Red Bulls so I'm thinking it's going to be about 50/50 for these boards.

I would honestly be blown away if there is any fan that has been a die-hard fan (supporters section or at least 6 games a season) since Day 1 that doesn't, at least in some form, support #RedBullOut.

I just get a kick out of all the Red Bull supporters that claim #RedBullOut is strictly based off this offseason (like BWP99)

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

BWP99

BWP99

New Signing

• Pip
  • 16 posts

I'm a fan of the team....regardless of whether they're called Red Bulls or MetroStars. If they rebranded as something else tomorrow, i'd probably still come see them whatever they changed to.

I'm not particularly happy with the drink ownership/advertising , but i can't deny I've been pretty happy with what they have put into the team over recent years (Best league venue IMHO, very reasonably priced tickets for NY metro area, chances to watch Henry play 50+ games in person, postseason appearances for 5 straight years). That said, they look to be going cheapo now at a time when they have serious local competition, which concerns me about their commitment going forward. I'm willing to give it sometime to play out before i get the pitchforks, unlike most people on this board.

To put it in perspective. My other favorite teams, the Jets and Mets, have been proportionally much larger failures over the same time span and for longer periods of time before that...so i'm a little more patient with RB than some others might be. 

Exactly my sentiment on the performance part.

Red Bull has built a beautiful stadium, have been fairly successful in recent years and have paid up for talent. Of course that has changed this season but we need to see how the team performs.

Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:METRO! USMNT

I follow the team, the original franchise. I know a lot of people have lost interest in this team and aren't as passionate as they once were and I completely understand them. When someone asks me who's your team, do you know how embarrassing it is to tell them "Red Bull?" They say, "What the energy drink? They have a team?" I usually start with Metrostars and explain Red Bull bought them out and fans continue to call them Metro. I honestly don't have much against Red Bull on what they did in the past. They bought the team, constructed a stadium, invested in a few great DP players have really generated a lot of interest for the team.  The problem is what Red Bull stands for. It's an energy drink and not a Football Club. There's no identity with the club. Nothing ties this team to the city, fans, area nothing. It's an Austrian Energy drink which is very corporate and nothing someone from the tri-state area can relate to. I will forever continue to support this team but I admit I hold on to the Metro name, because it is truly the first club team I've ever followed and made me enamored with the sport. I hope one day Red Bull sells or at least removes the branding and pay homage to the history of this team and calls it something unique. I just want my own team not just a version of a soccer team that has the same name and colors in Austria, Germany and Brazil.

As long as im breathing....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users