Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,376 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Armas and Hamlett are similar. Both were assistants and only got promoted to the head position because the head guy left. Neither has any experience as the head guy and neither are fit for the job.

And RBGlobal said that they get to stay. Ain't that some shit. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,173 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

And RBGlobal said that they get to stay. Ain't that some shit. 

Well, now they have experience.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

https://www.prosocce...ips-end-of-era/

Robles and BWP seem pretty up in the air or maybe up in the air at the $$$ amount they want v what NYRB want.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

--------new TAM striker

-----------new TAM mid (assume kaku gets sold)

Royer-------------------------------Sims (assume we get him back)

---------Casseres--Rza

Kemar--Parker--Tarek (assume Long gets sold)---Duncan

---------------Meara

i'd be ok with that lineup going into next year. the problem is if we have guys like Barlow or Muyl getting significant minutes or projected to start. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts

I think I'm in the camp of why bother with a TAM striker.  White when he was healthy put up really solid numbers.  Between him and Barlow, we should get solid performance up there.

Use the money at the 6 position.  

Now, if we have DP money, then use that on the striker position because that really gets a serious difference maker.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

--------new TAM striker

-----------new TAM mid (assume kaku gets sold)

Royer-------------------------------Sims (assume we get him back)

---------Casseres--Rza

Kemar--Parker--Tarek (assume Long gets sold)---Duncan

---------------Meara

i'd be ok with that lineup going into next year. the problem is if we have guys like Barlow or Muyl getting significant minutes or projected to start. 

spend TAM striker on young player transfer (more Sims or CCJ like than you know who J$)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I think I'm in the camp of why bother with a TAM striker.  White when he was healthy put up really solid numbers.  Between him and Barlow, we should get solid performance up there.

Firm disagree.

The best teams in MLS spend big on strikers because a great finisher can paper over a lot of cracks in the rest of the team. City doesn't win the East without Heber, LAFC doesn't win the Supporters Shield without Vela, Seattle doesn't win MLS Cup without Ruidiaz.

I also think everyone should expect some regression in White's numbers next season. He had 12 shots on target (29 attempts) this season and scored 9 of them. That rate is not sustainable.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Firm disagree.

The best teams in MLS spend big on strikers because a great finisher can paper over a lot of cracks in the rest of the team. City doesn't win the East without Heber, LAFC doesn't win the Supporters Shield without Vela, Seattle doesn't win MLS Cup without Ruidiaz.

I also think everyone should expect some regression in White's numbers next season. He had 12 shots on target (29 attempts) this season and scored 9 of them. That rate is not sustainable.

To add to this, it would be nice to have a forward who can beat a guy (with pace or dribbling) and create from himself rather than be a one dimensional finisher relying on service from the wing. Even if someone at the Henry/Giovinco/Vela level is a pipe dream, a Ruidiaz/Blessing/Diomande shouldn't be beyond our reach.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
This team needs more outspoken hard nose leaders... And clutch players. Additions have to be made and if the team is floundering I'd even consider bringing in Wolyneic to be care taker manager.

But LAG and LAFC add huge talent. Red Bull must do the same....

Robles is near the end.. BWP can hopefully stay but hopefully his contract restructed so they can add more DP.. BWP will have to at best be a closer....

This season is it and yet the least hopeful off season in a long time.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Ruidiaz - love him.  Guy only gets bigger when the stage gets bigger.  

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Armas and Hamlett are similar. Both were assistants and only got promoted to the head position because the head guy left. Neither has any experience as the head guy and neither are fit for the job.

Hamlet did serve as HC of the chicago fire

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,376 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

not a particularly good coach for them, but not many have been after Sarachan, iirc. just that one yr ('17?), then we beat them in the 1st rd of the playoffs in Bridgeview. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,712 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

not a particularly good coach for them, but not many have been after Sarachan, iirc. just that one yr ('17?), then we beat them in the 1st rd of the playoffs in Bridgeview. 

Well, he did take the fire to two consecutive conference finals and the owner fired him because he thought de los cobos could take him all the way.

You can argue that the fire has been going downhill since he got fired

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users