jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ

Also, a complete lunatic.

Yes.  I'm a Osvaldo fan, and he would likely be really really really good in MLS.   However he's really very clearly quite a s---bag of the highest order.  Like of the unspeakably highest order, and frankly his talent isn't worth what he brings.   He's worn his welcome out at like 6 clubs in 2-3 years, with it being pretty obviously his problem.    This is a weird rumor, and I could totally see it having legs, because although he could play somewhere much better for more money, yeah, those options might not be there for him anymore.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Unless we are switching to some variation of a 4-4-2, why would we sign any DP striker?  And Luke did not have a "lengthy rap sheet."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Avoiding the will they/won't they spend money arguments, what is clear is that "fit" is something Marsch/Curtis want in a signing. I don't get why we are being linked to players with negative reputations and/or known issues with work rate considering what the team is like as currently constructed.

PitchOnEStreet

PitchOnEStreet

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY -- USMNT

Unless we are switching to some variation of a 4-4-2, why would we sign any DP striker?  And Luke did not have a "lengthy rap sheet."

Capture.jpg

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I will say, that a BWP/Osvaldo pairing would be something to get VERY excited about, in theory only.   If you could keep Osvaldo in control/interested, that would be a salivating proposition.   It also would more likely be an utter disaster and I'd put heavy money on that more than "salivating".

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Capture.jpg

Sure... but that's a complete system change, not something you do midway through a succesful season.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

You'd also run the risk of him potentially getting arrested multiple times, and enjoying all the NYC nightlife in a very very negative way.   Which is another reason a rumour like this isn't just plain laughable.  NYC would be enticing to a guy like him.

PitchOnEStreet

PitchOnEStreet

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY -- USMNT

Sure... but that's a complete system change, not something you do midway through a succesful season.

I think the problem with this particular striker (beyond his obvious mental issues) is that he isn't the type of forward who can drift left or back and help to offset the system change. He and BWP are similar types of players in that they both want to play forward, in the middle of the park.

I do think we're headed towards Sasha playing left anyway, so if you had a second striker who could drop into the hole and play a looser version of the 4-4-2 it would be better.

I don't think for a second he's coming though, as he won't be a "fit" in terms of team building. Plus he'd be expensive.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Talented but don't think hes worth the off field drama.

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

tumblr_n4u8z5fLSP1rfduvxo1_250.gif

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

jaemae32

jaemae32

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

I think the problem with this particular striker (beyond his obvious mental issues) is that he isn't the type of forward who can drift left or back and help to offset the system change. He and BWP are similar types of players in that they both want to play forward, in the middle of the park.

I do think we're headed towards Sasha playing left anyway, so if you had a second striker who could drop into the hole and play a looser version of the 4-4-2 it would be better.

I don't think for a second he's coming though, as he won't be a "fit" in terms of team building. Plus he'd be expensive.

Osvaldo is very capable of dropping back to gather the ball, actually it's one of the best things he does.  Granted, he's selfish and not the smartest player, but if he feels like it he combines very well and his passing is really good.   He also holds the ball up well enough in a target-y way.

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
This guy does not seem worth the risk. Sounds perfect for NYCFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users