87 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Prediction: We slip into the playoffs, advance to the conference finals while never looking good, Jesse rambles about being unlucky and being one game from MLS Cup, no improvements are made in the off-season so we can keep this battle hardened squad together.

I think we get smoked by Atlanta in front of 70k people first round.

#RedBullOut

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Prediction: We slip into the playoffs, advance to the conference finals while never looking good, Jesse rambles about being unlucky and being one game from MLS Cup, no improvements are made in the off-season so we can keep this battle hardened squad together.

Either way you slice it we are fucked. Miss it by one point and we were unlucky we just need to re tool and bring the same people. Make it and washout "you see we are good just got unlucky....again"

LONG LIVE METRO

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

I think we get smoked by Atlanta in front of 70k people first round.

This 100% will happen if they finish 3rd. I think they catch NYCFC for 2nd.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

This assumes we beat either HCFC or Atlanta away, then Toronto over two games. At this point in time, I think a lot of us would be happy with winning 2 playoff series.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

This assumes we beat either HCFC or Atlanta away, then Toronto over two games. At this point in time, I think a lot of us would be happy with winning 2 playoff series.

Facts

LONG LIVE METRO

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Nonsense.   This little "slump" is all part of Jesse's master plan.  He's got a hyper-sophisticated rotation algorithm running, and will have everyone in peak form at the exact right time, while simultaneously lulling the competition into complacency and overconfidence.   The Cup is in the bag.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

We're better off not making the playoffs. We could use the You Suck Allocation on getting a defender since RB won't use their own money. Maybe miss the next 3-4 seasons and save that money ala Chicago.

I'd like our younger players to have as much experience in big games as possible.

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Guys this is MLS.  There isn't a lot of difference in terms of quality between say 1st and 6th place in the playoffs.  This team is good enough to catch lightening in a bottle and go on a run and win it.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

If Marsch can get the shitheads on our backline to play (mainly if Collin can somehow come back healthy), I really think we can play with anyone in the East. We've been slightly unlucky this year, underperforming both xGF and xGA. I also think the quartet of BWP, Sacha, Royer, and Veron is one that will make a difference against any team.  

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the shitheads on our backline

A bit harsh.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Guys this is MLS.  There isn't a lot of difference in terms of quality between say 1st and 6th place in the playoffs.  This team is good enough to catch lightening in a bottle and go on a run and win it.

It's not old school MLS man.  Gulf in quality between us and a full strength Toronto is pretty massive.  They dropped 4 on us with more than a few backups in their squad.

#RedBullOut

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

It's not old school MLS man.  Gulf in quality between us and a full strength Toronto is pretty massive.  They dropped 4 on us with more than a few backups in their squad.

We had quite a few backups start too, veeon, Etienne, zizzo, lade and while they scored 4 they didn't dominate us as you suggest they did. The gulf in quality is there but that's on paper, on the field no team is dominating so much that they're a lock to win it all as is the case in most leagues. This is still mls, anyone can and does win. Think anyone had Minnesota beating Atlanta in Atlanta this weekend? No, but they did and on paper Atlanta would beat the Minnesota squad 9 out of 10.

We're not that fucking bad to be afraid of another mls team, we're just incompetent from ownership to the fo to the coaching. Our players can hang with Toronto if prepared well tactically and mentally, which they rarely are.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We're not that fucking bad to be afraid of another mls team, we're just incompetent from ownership to the fo to the coaching. Our players can hang with Toronto if prepared well tactically and mentally, which they rarely are.

When we had sigs here, mine was roughly
we are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users