Meara, Tarek, Buck, Davis, Sims/Beze,  Omir, White

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I don't think so. But Hamlett said he fits the system. So he should seamlessly be able to slot into the starting lineup.

The premier league season also started already so he should be 100% match fit.

This is why we need a sarcasm font.  I just don't know sometimes.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
This is the least excited I have been in a long time for the stretch (and potential playoff) run.

Nothing about this team says MLS Cup champion to me.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The closest we ever got to MLS Cup was with an unconvincing team who no one thought could make it there. Maybe it is a good sign. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The closest we ever got to MLS Cup was with an unconvincing team who no one thought could make it there. Maybe it is a good sign. 

I know, and I did think about that...

...But no. Because metro.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we need a sarcasm font.  I just don't know sometimes.

/s/I have seen this used/s/.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I know, and I did think about that...

...But no. Because metro.

tbf, you're both right. we've seen them crash out in typical Metro fashion. 

but Nov of 2008 will always stay with me, despite the result of the final. still hope, no matter how minimal...

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Mixed feelings on BWP vs White.

White is quiet most games, but he will have one chance and score. Which is all you can ask from a striker. He's been consistently scoring all season. I don't see how you can take him out of the lineup.

BWP has...not looked great. But we know he always tends to get off to a slow start. Is he washed? Or is it because he hasn't gotten enough minutes / hasn't been able to get into a rhythm? The one thing that has stood out to me is that BWP is way more involved in hold up play than Brian White is. 

There isn't much time left in the season. Do we ride the Brian White wave or try to get BWP going and in form for playoffs?

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

This is the least excited I have been in a long time for the stretch (and potential playoff) run.

I agree. But, we've been a favorite so many times and how did that work out. All we need to do is get hot at the right time. The one thing that's still giving me hope is that this team does tend to show up and play well in big games. We are not as good as previous years overall but we absolutely have the capability to beat any team in the league on any given day.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Mixed feelings on BWP vs White.

White is quiet most games, but he will have one chance and score. Which is all you can ask from a striker. He's been consistently scoring all season. I don't see how you can take him out of the lineup.

BWP has...not looked great. But we know he always tends to get off to a slow start. Is he washed? Or is it because he hasn't gotten enough minutes / hasn't been able to get into a rhythm? The one thing that has stood out to me is that BWP is way more involved in hold up play than Brian White is. 

There isn't much time left in the season. Do we ride the Brian White wave or try to get BWP going and in form for playoffs?

Id say fitness, weather dependent and field dependent ( 2 up coming turf games in SEA POR) - either way tonight but he should start v NYC or DC since he is usually extra good v those teams
Thinking more he starts v NER off bench v DC and start v NYC

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I agree. But, we've been a favorite so many times and how did that work out. All we need to do is get hot at the right time. The one thing that's still giving me hope is that this team does tend to show up and play well in big games. We are not as good as previous years overall but we absolutely have the capability to beat any team in the league on any given day.

I agree with you. However, the new playoff format concerns me, in terms of us getting hot and making a run. Of course, this playoff format would have benefited us immensely last year. Such is life as a Metro fan. But, I'd really like to see us finish Top 3 in the East. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Arena always likes Armas as a player and had a soft spot for him.

If we lose this game, the standings arent going to look so awesome for us. A win would really change the standings a lot.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I agree with you. However, the new playoff format concerns me, in terms of us getting hot and making a run. Of course, this playoff format would have benefited us immensely last year. Such is life as a Metro fan. But, I'd really like to see us finish Top 3 in the East. 

A playoff format (that would have benefited us) changing one year too late? You don't say...

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

I wouldnt be shocked. All it takes is a good run of form at the right time. Now that it is single elimination, could see even more variance.

Not to suggest I am happy with the transfer window...

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I wouldnt be shocked. All it takes is a good run of form at the right time. Now that it is single elimination, could see even more variance.

Not to suggest I am happy with the transfer window...

If we finish #3, for example, sure. A couple results break our way in the other games and maybe we only have to win 1 road game to advance to MLS Cup. That wouldn't shock me. However, if we finish #6 or #7, we're talking about having to rattle off 3 straight road wins in order to advance to MLS Cup. That would shock me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users