38 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I legitimately, and dont mean this to be unkind or start more beef that youre looking for, dont think you understand what youre saying. I dont know if what you just wrote is worded poorly because its a message board or if you just dont get it. Yes, he has to sign for more than a few months which he would regardless of the situation 200k goes to his club but his contract would be significantly higher than that. Which is fine. Were willing to give the club 200k as opposed to 0 which they will get in just a few more days.

Then why is he not transferred yet if it is such a great deal for them? Or better yet, why can't we wait for "just a few more days" to get him for free?

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Then why is he not transferred yet if it is such a great deal for them? Or better yet, why can't we wait for "just a few more days" to get him for free?

All articles from Austria Im reading say theyre in no rush to decide until January 15. Is 200k a good deal? Nope, the one article from Austria says that number is low but thats better than nothing. Considering almost everyone in that league (aside from RBS) is moved on free transfers, getting 200k is at least something positive for them especially as other articles have said the club has financial issues that have stopped them from resigning other players theyve liked. We could wait, but then we dont get him until his contract is done which means not getting him until the summer. If you still have questions, feel free to read through this thread!

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

All articles from Austria Im reading say theyre in no rush to decide until January 15. Is 200k a good deal? Nope, the one article from Austria says that number is low but thats better than nothing. Considering almost everyone in that league (aside from RBS) is moved on free transfers, getting 200k is at least something positive for them especially as other articles have said the club has financial issues that have stopped them from resigning other players theyve liked. We could wait, but then we dont get him until his contract is done which means not getting him until the summer. If you still have questions, feel free to read through this thread!

So, summer is "just a few more days" away? That's good because I winter just started and already getting tired of the cold. Have you thought through Taxi actually wanting to go to NJ and needing to sign a deal with us, or we just pay 200K and get him on Jan 15 and then think about that after?

To me, if I see a report that we are close to a deal with Taxi to join on say a 3 year deal, and what left is early release from Rapid, for which we are negotiating and currently offering 200K, I would be a lot more optimistic. Right now the report doesn't say that. At best perhaps a fishing expedition. That could change in the future, but right now to me it doesn't add up into something I have high hopes for. We can disagree on whose understanding is correct, and if you are right and the guy is here on Jan 15th, I would not be upset - sounds like he could be a player.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

So, summer is "just a few more days" away? That's good because I winter just started and already getting tired of the cold. Have you thought through Taxi actually wanting to go to NJ and needing to sign a deal with us, or we just pay 200K and get him on Jan 15 and then think about that after?

Oh my God, you really dont know what youre talking about! Its official!

If they dont sell him within the next few days, they get nothing but he stays on the team until the summer window where he signs anywhere with his club getting $0. If they sell him now, they get whatever we offer but he leaves now. If youre still confused I strongly suggest you look at a beginners guide. I cant keep this convo going with someone that doesnt understand

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Oh my God, you really dont know what youre talking about! Its official!

If they dont sell him within the next few days, they get nothing but he stays on the team until the summer window where he signs anywhere with his club getting $0. If they sell him now, they get whatever we offer but he leaves now. If youre still confused I strongly suggest you look at a beginners guide. I cant keep this convo going with someone that doesnt understand

But they get his production for next 6 months, no, including critical final stretch of the season? Then possibility of extension if they like him. If they sell him now, they can't finish the year with him, and more then likely will need to look for a replacement themselves mid-season during the same transfer window with no chance of extension. Not to mention the matter of us actually needing to sign a deal with Taxi longer term as a likely prerequisite of any move. It's amazing how you keep repeating I don't understand, while having given very little thought to the situation and just keep blowing hot air.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

But they get his production for next 6 months, no, including critical final stretch of the season? Then possibility of extension if they like him. If they sell him now, they can't finish the year with him, and more then likely will need to look for a replacement themselves mid-season during the same transfer window with no chance of extension. Not to mention the matter of us actually needing to sign a deal with Taxi longer term as a likely prerequisite of any move. It's amazing how you keep repeating I don't understand, while having given very little thought to the situation and just keep blowing hot air.

Again, read an article. They cant afford to extend him. Starting in a few days he can sign anywhere and theyre concerned if he does that he wont play at 100% the remainder of year in an effort to not get hurt before that contract. Yes, they can keep him but theres risks there. If they sell him, they at least get something for him. Lastly, Struber knows him, you dont think theyve spoken and RBNY knows hes interested in coming? Again, literally an insane conversation talking with someone who doesnt understand how any of this works and refuses to read about it

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

no possibility of resigning him for Rapid he's already declared hes going multiple times.  Rapid have something like 15 free agents as well so benefit is the 6 months of saved wages and the transfer fee.  Personally the presence of a bid in this situation implies personal terms arent viewed as an issue or they may be agreed but RB wont leak that and its not a good look to leak that either. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Again, read an article. They cant afford to extend him. Starting in a few days he can sign anywhere and theyre concerned if he does that he wont play at 100% the remainder of year in an effort to not get hurt before that contract. Yes, they can keep him but theres risks there. If they sell him, they at least get something for him. Lastly, Struber knows him, you dont think theyve spoken and RBNY knows hes interested in coming? Again, literally an insane conversation talking with someone who doesnt understand how any of this works and refuses to read about it

Oh, so Struber knows him and therefore that means they have some under the table agreement already? I have a lot to learn from you - someone who understands how all this works. After all - there is article there (i.e. hard proof he coming to NJ) which speaks volumes to people like you who understand. I guess by Jan 15th it will be official, since it is all so clear to enlightened folks like you. Is it OK though for these of us who are less understanding to hold off the celebration for just a few more days?

no possibility of resigning him for Rapid he's already declared hes going multiple times.  Rapid have something like 15 free agents as well so benefit is the 6 months of saved wages and the transfer fee.  Personally the presence of a bid in this situation implies personal terms arent viewed as an issue or they may be agreed but RB wont leak that and its not a good look to leak that either. 

I hope you are right, just that I read a lot of articles like this in the past, which did not materialize. I actually like this guy - he seems a lot more promising than someone like Klimala, who was a total bust for Celtic and I thought was a huge gamble when we got him. Just not getting my hopes up yet.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Have you thought through Taxi actually wanting to go to NJ and needing to sign a deal with us, or we just pay 200K and get him on Jan 15 and then think about that after?

Do you realize that a soccer transfer doesn't go through unless a player agrees to a new contract with the buying club?

There is no scenario in which he gets purchased on January 15 and plays for New York under the terms of his contract with Rapid.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Oh, so Struber knows him and therefore that means they have some under the table agreement already? I have a lot to learn from you - someone who understands how all this works. After all - there is article there (i.e. hard proof he coming to NJ) which speaks volumes to people like you who understand. I guess by Jan 15th it will be official, since it is all so clear to enlightened folks like you. Is it OK though for these of us who are less understanding to hold off the celebration for just a few more days?

I hope you are right, just that I read a lot of articles like this in the past, which did not materialize. I actually like this guy - he seems a lot more promising than someone like Klimala, who was a total bust for Celtic and I thought was a huge gamble when we got him. Just not getting my hopes up yet.

Under the table agreement? No. I imagine a text message saying hey would you be interested if we tried to bring you on? Yeah, that would be literally the minimum Struber could do.

Glad you get it. Is it a guarantee? Far from as we know with this club. Are you a moron who doesnt understand anything about the situation? Yes. Glad weve cleared it up.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Do you realize that a soccer transfer doesn't go through unless a player agrees to a new contract with the buying club?

There is no scenario in which he gets purchased on January 15 and plays for New York under the terms of his contract with Rapid.

Yes, that's the point I was making. Taxi has to agree to terms with us, and needs to want to come here.

Under the table agreement? No. I imagine a text message saying hey would you be interested if we tried to bring you on? Yeah, that would be literally the minimum Struber could do.

Glad you get it. Is it a guarantee? Far from as we know with this club. Are you a moron who doesnt understand anything about the situation? Yes. Glad weve cleared it up.

A text message from Struber to Taxi has been confirmed! Maybe even more. Now it makes sense. That's fantastic, thanks for clearing this up, I now feel a lot better. Let the celebrations begin! As someone with full knowledge of the situation based on internet article, can you talk to Struber to guarantee it though via another text message, that would really make everyone feel a lot better. As usual, very little substance and full of hot air. But you understand the situation - therefore ain't no moron!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yes, that's the point I was making. Taxi has to agree to terms with us, and needs to want to come here.

A text message from Struber to Taxi has been confirmed! Maybe even more. Now it makes sense. That's fantastic, thanks for clearing this up, I now feel a lot better. Let the celebrations begin! As someone with full knowledge of the situation based on internet article, can you talk to Struber to guarantee it though via another text message, that would really make everyone feel a lot better. As usual, very little substance and full of hot air. But you understand the situation - therefore ain't no moron!

At this point I have no idea what point you're actually trying to make. The best I can figure out is that you're arguing there are no guarantees this transfer happens, which is a strawman argument nobody was asserting.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

At this point I have no idea what point you're actually trying to make. The best I can figure out is that you're arguing there are no guarantees this transfer happens, which is a strawman argument nobody was asserting.

It's the same point as in the beginning. Flimsy article, which seems more like a low probability rumor rather than something that's somewhat close to happening. For some reason people seem to be up in arms about this view, calling names. Some, less bright ones, even suggest Struber was texting with Taxi already about coming here and got his agreement via text message. All concluded after reading this article, and calling me a moron for not getting it the same way.

You guys think this article has a lot of truth in it and this transfer has a decent probability of occurring, that's fine by me, I am not putting you down for that. I just happen to disagree, but would be happy to be wrong.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
Wtf is happening in this thread lol?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

It's the same point as in the beginning. Flimsy article, which seems more like a low probability rumor rather than something that's somewhat close to happening. For some reason people seem to be up in arms about this view, calling names. Some, less bright ones, even suggest Struber was texting with Taxi already about coming here and got his agreement via text message. All concluded after reading this article, and calling me a moron for not getting it the same way.

You guys think this article has a lot of truth in it and this transfer has a decent probability of occurring, that's fine by me, I am not putting you down for that. I just happen to disagree, but would be happy to be wrong.

why didnt you start with that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users