793 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Morgan's and Luqui's presence in the lineup will also, hopefully, make Klimala a better striker.

They might get him more chances but they wont improve his finishing.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

They might get him more chances but they wont improve his finishing.

if we are creating more chances and he finishes at the same rate we will still score more. Problem last year we only created 1-2 chances so he had to be near perfect. More and easier chances would also make finishing easier aka creating more tap ins

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

if we are creating more chances and he finishes at the same rate we will still score more. Problem last year we only created 1-2 chances so he had to be near perfect. More and easier chances would also make finishing easier aka creating more tap ins

I dont trust him to finish a tap in.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Again with this narrative. It's just an outright lie. He was 5th in the league in shots/90.

1. Adam BuksaNew England 4.85 2. Valentín CastellanosNYCFC 4.22 3. Franco JaraFC Dallas 4.14 4. Carlos VelaLos Angeles FC 4.12 5. Patryk KlimalaNY Red Bulls 3.98 6. Cristian ArangoLos Angeles FC 3.74 7. Luiz AraújoAtlanta Utd 3.68 8. Memo RodriguezHouston Dynamo 3.57 9. Raúl RuidíazSeattle 3.56 10. Emanuel ReynosoMinnesota Utd 3.52

I eagerly away the response than these statistics need to be interpreted differently.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I eagerly away the response than these statistics need to be interpreted differently.

These statistics need to be interpreted differently.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Again with this narrative. It's just an outright lie. He was 5th in the league in shots/90.
  1. Adam Buksa New England 4.85 2. Valentín Castellanos NYCFC 4.22 3. Franco Jara FC Dallas 4.14 4. Carlos Vela Los Angeles FC 4.12 5. Patryk Klimala NY Red Bulls 3.98 6. Cristian Arango Los Angeles FC 3.74 7. Luiz Araújo Atlanta Utd 3.68 8. Memo Rodriguez Houston Dynamo 3.57 9. Raúl Ruidíaz Seattle 3.56 10. Emanuel Reynoso Minnesota Utd 3.52

And he was 6th in the league in xG, so the shots were from decent positions too.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I will preface this with I do think Klimala will be good this season:

https://twitter.com/...KKe5b1BW3w&s=19
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metro dummy

Metro dummy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Red Bulls soccer, the joke is on us.

I got a feeling that the Klimala Barlow tandem is gonna put up a lot of goals in MLS.  

I also feel that one day donkeys will grow wings and start flying around like birds.  

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal
Cant argue with the stats honestly he wasnt finishing well last year. That said I have hope for him to improve because
1) hes young and last season was his first playing regularly in two years
2) elite off ball movement so he will get chances
3) hes a pretty good ball striker so some of these misses may be down to composure which is easier to fix than technical ability

But my biggest worry with him is that he has a problem with first time shots passes coming at a 90 degree angle. And thats a staple of RB attacks. Needs 100 hours of work there.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Klimala 29 of 96

Somewhere RB must have video of every time
the ball came to Klimala.
Not just the passes that turned into SOGs.
All balls that were played to or at him.
What were the quality of the passes & crosses?
Would other players have made more of them?
How many did he miss? Lose control of?
How often was he defensed? Unable to shoot?
Stripped of the ball? Shot or pass blocked?
Was the quality of each shot measured?
8 of 29 went in. What about the other 21?
Were they right at the keeper? Great saves?
Where did those 67 non-SOGs go? Wide? High?
How badly were they missed? Just over? Skyed?
Where were they taken from? A shot chart.
There must be hours of video, all kinds of metrics.
Did those metrics change as the season progressed?
Next, what was done to improve his game?
Or should I say, in an effort to improve his game.
There should be video from practice drills.
Was he repositioned? Double-teamed? Bumped?
How about receiving passes? Facing/back to goal?
First moves. Feints. Time from receipt to shot.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
This guy sucks. I have zero confidence he won't suck again this season too. Maybe he'll improve at his awful diving at the very least.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Maybe he'll improve at his awful diving.

So, you want better diving?

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I think his finishing will be better this year because (HA!) it can't get much worse. Maybe with some additional time in the league he'll hit his stride, maybe this year there will be a bit better flow with the offense, who knows. I think being a finisher is partially about talent and partially about just feeling confident. He never seemed to get into a rhythm last year, maybe this year he can get off to a good start and things will finally click. That's a lot of maybes, though. I wish him the best. We don't have any depth behind the guy that I feel good about at all, so if he isn't approaching a better than average level of finishing, we're going to be kinda fucked. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

The Revs currently have Jozy and Agudelo as their 3rd and 4th options at striker while NYRB has Klimala and Barlow as the first and second option. Let that sink in. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think his finishing will be better this year because (HA!) it can't get much worse. Maybe with some additional time in the league he'll hit his stride, maybe this year there will be a bit better flow with the offense, who knows. I think being a finisher is partially about talent and partially about just feeling confident.

Can also be a bit of a random walk, too. Just based on reversion to the mean, he should be better this year, all else equal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users