11 replies to this topic

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York

I just got an email from NYRB about a viewing party at legends for Saturdays game against NYCFC. I guess some people can't make it, I just find it funny. Shouldn't they be encouraging fans to attend the game live? Let's pack that sh@t.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

NYRB ... viewing party at legends for Saturdays game

Pre-game at Legends. Then, go to game.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Viewing party less than 10mi from the stadium, rather than encouraging fans to go to the game?

This front office never ceases to amaze me.

MdG just doesnt want Red Bull fans attending and helping NYCFC attendance and risking having a better time at the match than they would at Landfill Stentch Arena.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would this count as a "That's So Metro" moment? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

MdG just doesn't want Red Bull fans attending and helping NYCFC attendance and risking having a better time at the match than they would at (RB) Arena.

The two clubs are only competing for the most lost STHs & drop in tickets sold awards.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Would this count as a "That's So Metro" moment? 

If I were a City fan.......thats he exact huge banner Id make.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

If I were a City fan.......thats he exact huge banner Id make.

My confidence that they could ever come up with a clever TIFO is close to zero

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

could ever come up with a clever TIFO

Possibly, but it would be displayed upside down.

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metro
This is being thrown by MLS and Heineken, not Red Bull. They're just being forced to promote it by the league because Garber wants more money from sponsors.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

My confidence that they could ever come up with a clever TIFO is close to zero

Timbs Army was pretty good.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal
Hate to admit it but my current plan is to go to Legends. The person I would normally go to the game with is out of town and have no intention of going alone again. I did it last year and it was a truly awful experience. I used to be pretty into that shit but Im way past people trying to pick fights with me every few minutes.

In hindsight I should have bought a ticket with one of the supporters clubs and gone with them. Next year I guess.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Hate to admit it but my current plan is to go to Legends. The person I would normally go to the game with is out of town and have no intention of going alone again. I did it last year and it was a truly awful experience. I used to be pretty into that shit but Im way past people trying to pick fights with me every few minutes.

In hindsight I should have bought a ticket with one of the supporters clubs and gone with them. Next year I guess.

You could buy a ticket wherever and just go to the supporters section. Obviously can't do this at every away stadium but since they stick everyone in the 300s by themselves it's not like they won't have plenty of room especially since the crowds for these games goes down every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users