69 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I know it's not the same game as hockey but watching him feels like watching a guy who keeps getting so close in scoring and finally gets a goal and then gets on a bit of a hot streak. Just needs to break through and get one soon.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

DE did exactly what i'd prefer royer to do when royer has the ball and dribbles. enough with Royer's cut back on the right, DE makes the move, makes the defender look stupid, go to the endline and send in a strong weakfooted cross on the deck into the 6yd box.

Except that, instead of blasting the ball off the keeper, he shot into the side netting, for a goal kick. If the keeper parried the ball out, we would have a clock-eating corner. If the shot had hit off the keeper and stayed in play, we had a chance for an own goal, or a lucky rebound to another attacker. Which is how our opener was scored.
We all thought no one was there when BWP had a breakaway. Yet he recognized and rolled a perfect pass to Royer for the second goal.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

that wasn't the play i was referring to. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

It was one that happened right in front of the SW, and epitomized his season to date.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I know it's not the same game as hockey but watching him feels like watching a guy who keeps getting so close in scoring and finally gets a goal and then gets on a bit of a hot streak. Just needs to break through and get one soon.

That's what we thought when he scored in the game at Orlando too. I like him late in games for his energy and to open the field, but don't see him scoring in big spots. He's a good guy to have for depth during the regular season, but see him playing any meaningful role come playoff time.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

The guy has never been good. I was always mystified why he was called Haitian Messi. Surely as just a joke, no? He will never be good, we have seen players just like him before. Unpopular opinion perhaps and he's young but I said it anyway.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

That's what we thought when he scored in the game at Orlando too. I like him late in games for his energy and to open the field, but don't see him scoring in big spots. He's a good guy to have for depth during the regular season, but see him playing any meaningful role come playoff time.

Ideally for DE and Muyl right now, they're starter material for the lower 1/2 or lower 1/3 of MLS. for 21-22 yr olds, i'm fine with it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Ideally for DE and Muyl right now, they're starter material for the lower 1/2 or lower 1/3 of MLS. for 21-22 yr olds, i'm fine with it. 

They are fine for depth purposes, but they shouldn't be the answer for a change in the playoffs with 30 minutes to go and the game is on the line. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

push for a lead if it's at home? maybe. start only if there are too many injuries/suspensions, and knowing our luck over the past 2 decades, there will be those exact things. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

If you are referring to the previous play at 87:40, he juked the defender, who fell, but then recovered. DE then megged him, causing a slight deflection on a ball directly at the keeper. Adams was running on to goal, but there was no way that the ball was getting through to him. The keeper did muff it, as on our first goal, but Adams was past it.
So, DE had 4 options: hold the ball & retreat to the corner, play it off the defender for a corner, shoot at a sharp angle & hope for a miracle, or try to thread the ball through to no one. He chose #4, which led to an outlet pass & a through ball, with Robles having to race 25 yards out & clear it 9 seconds later.
His subsequent possession was a long, risky backpass to Robles.
At 92:14, after again beating the defender, he chose #3, blasting it into the side net, when there were 4 teammates to pass to, including a wide open RZA on the far post.
I wish someone could screenshoot 92:19 and post it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users