1401 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Didn't they basically beat out an MLS side in their group to reach the knockout stages? I'd argue that Vancouver are worse from a skill standpoint (seriously, I can't get over that we failed to beat such an awful team).

Somewhere, I think it was Extratime radio, it sounded like they sold off a bunch of their players and this is a different team than the one that qualified for the knockout stages.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Somewhere, I think it was Extratime radio, it sounded like they sold off a bunch of their players and this is a different team than the one that qualified for the knockout stages.

OK good 411 there! They are probably still better than Vancouver though. Dallas is by far the best team in MLS, I could really see them winning CCL.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Didn't they basically beat out an MLS side in their group to reach the knockout stages? I'd argue that Vancouver are worse from a skill standpoint (seriously, I can't get over that we failed to beat such an awful team).

My girlfriend used to live in Panama.  I went to a number of Panamanian league games.  The standard of play is pretty terrible.  I actually watched the semifinal game between Chepo and Chorillo that immediately preceded the game in which Arabe Unido qualified for the CCL.  The Red Bulls II are easily better than Chorillo, who made the final and lost to Arabe Unido on penalties the next week. How they qualified over Monterrey was a miracle of Leicester City proportions.  

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

We are going nowhere as far as MLS cup until we find a successful way to score when teams park the bus on us.  Shooting from distance, better crossing, whatever it takes.

Agreed, whatever it takes. We should even consider converting penalties.

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Well, Vancouver also beat out SKC to reach the knockout stage. Not as impressive as Arabe Unido beating out Monterrey, but stil.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

They defended well and we choked on a PK. If we had been up 2-1 and a man up, Vancouver had no chance but to try and go for the tie and we could have scor d number 3....maybe. Instead they parked the bus and hoped the best.

Also, they're goal was a fluke. It actually looks like it hits Bilyeu of a delfection. If we bring our A game next week, here should be a reason why we can't beat Vancouver.

Koko

Koko

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They defended well and we choked

I've seen enough of that trend.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)