• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Vertigone

Vertigone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, geography, chess, rugby union, football, road cycling, ice hockey and other sports. I probably support too many football clubs, but traveling a lot does that to you.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

By SUE LINDSEY, Associated Press Writer
2 minutes ago

BLACKSBURG, Va. - A gunman opened fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech on Monday, killing 21 people in the deadliest campus shooting rampage in U.S. history. The gunman was killed, bringing to death toll to 22, but it was unclear if he was shot by police or took his own life.

"Today the university was struck with a tragedy that we consider of monumental proportions," said Virginia Tech president Charles Steger. "The university is shocked and indeed horrified."

The name of the gunman was not immediately released, and investigators offered no motive for the attack. It was not immediately known if the gunman was a student.

The bloodbath took place at opposite sides of the 2,600-acre campus, beginning at about 7:15 a.m. at West Ambler Johnston, a co-ed dormitory that houses 895 people, and continuing about two hours later at Norris Hall, an engineering building, authorities said. Police said they were still investigating the shooting at the dorm when they got word of the gunfire at the classroom building.

Some of the dead were students. One student was killed in the dorm, and the others were killed in the classroom, Virginia Tech Police Chief W.R. Flinchum.

Source

Is there any real shock to these type of events anymore? WTF is wrong with people?
“It’s not the creed nor nationality that counts. It’s the man himself” - Willie Maley

Do you know football?

#2 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

WTF is wrong with people?

The devalument of the worth of human life probably as a result of mass media, movies, new etc and just as much, if not more, the breakdown of the American family.

#3 Shanks

Shanks

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire!

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Christ.

#4 Slvgx

Slvgx

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Supports:Siempre Chicago

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Sadness.

#5 Vertigone

Vertigone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Music, writing, geography, chess, rugby union, football, road cycling, ice hockey and other sports. I probably support too many football clubs, but traveling a lot does that to you.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

The devalument of the worth of human life probably as a result of mass media, movies, new etc and just as much, if not more, the breakdown of the American family.

Go watch Jesus Camp.
“It’s not the creed nor nationality that counts. It’s the man himself” - Willie Maley

Do you know football?

#6 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

Go watch Jesus Camp.

I'll pass. I am not hip with religion.

#7 gofire2001

gofire2001

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Supports:Chicago, Leeds

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

Now their saying 31 dead. Horrible

#8 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

32 confirmed. :(
www.theredcardna.org

#9 Vertigone

Vertigone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

31 deaths now, "Death toll at Virginia Tech rises to 31 in worst shooting incident in U.S. history."

I'll pass. I am not hip with religion.

I'm not Religious either. It shows how bad Christians are. I found it funny that their kids are taught to praise GW.

EDIT * 32 now?

Do you know football?

#10 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

+26 injured?! Damn must've been a madhouse.
www.theredcardna.org

#11 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:14 PM

31 deaths now, "Death toll at Virginia Tech rises to 31 in worst shooting incident in U.S. history."
I'm not Religious either. It shows how bad Christians are. I found it funny that their kids are taught to praise GW.

EDIT * 32 now?

I seriously don't need to watch a movie to find reasons to dislike religious zealots. I prefer not too.

This is a damn shame. :(

#12 Vertigone

Vertigone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

I seriously don't need to watch a movie to find reasons to dislike religious zealots. I prefer not too.
This is a damn shame. :(

Yeah I don't blame you, but I was at a friend's house and he wanted to watch it so I ended up joining. :cool:

Yes, this is a shame on the shooting. But still not surprising.

Do you know football?

#13 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:59 PM

Yeah I don't blame you, but I was at a friend's house and he wanted to watch it so I ended up joining. :cool:

Yes, this is a shame on the shooting. But still not surprising.

Unfortunately, it's not at all suprising. :(

#14 OHFireFan

OHFireFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:59 PM

32 dead atleast 26 injured..................this is just sad :(

#15 Vertigone

Vertigone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:35 PM

The final confirmation is 33 dead and the head of VT didn't even care at the press conference. He even chuckled during a question.

Do you know football?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users