46 replies to this topic

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

So this pretty much kills the Quintero rumors (whether there was ever any validity to them to begin with) if he signs, right?

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,750 posts

So this pretty much kills the Quintero rumors (whether there was ever any validity to them to begin with) if he signs, right?

Would think so.

Unless they can get rid of Veron anyway.  Both for the international spot and the cap room.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,191 posts

Sell Veron.  

Sell Adams assuming he will not sign another contract as he is out of contract by end 2017.  I do not want to see the kid go as I think he will be awesome but if that is what he wants sell to Bundesliga club -  Leipzig or Berlin as others have suggested.  

Bring on Bosetti, Quintero and a CB.  Give Quintero and Bosetti time to on board.

2 holding mid positions get divided between Felipe, Davis and Sacha.

Off season leave Sacha unprotected/sell him to LAFC.  

(win cups)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Sacha isn't our problem, he's a good piece to keep, but he needs help in midfield.

I don't see any reason why we can't sign Bosetti, Quintero and a young established CB. We can do all three. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,152 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Sacha isn't our problem, he's a good piece to keep, but he needs help in midfield.

I don't see any reason why we can't sign Bosetti, Quintero and a young established CB. We can do all three. 

Benching Royer?   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,750 posts

I think the immediate issue is the international spot.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I think the immediate issue is the international spot.  

Veron has to be gone in this scenario, so we'll get one back there.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,750 posts

Veron has to be gone in this scenario, so we'll get one back there.

I don't think that's easy though.  If he wants to stay, there's not really much we can do.  Obviously we can't trade him.  There is that one contract buyout thing but I don't know if that works midseason and if we get back half the DP cap space.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

I don't think that's easy though.  If he wants to stay, there's not really much we can do.  Obviously we can't trade him.  There is that one contract buyout thing but I don't know if that works midseason and if we get back half the DP cap space.

Why would he want to stay?  Unless he's like a lot of Red Bull fans and he really enjoys watching Grella play, regardless of form.

There has to be a team in Argentina that would take him on a free transfer.  I don't know enough about the DP rules, but it would open the international slot.  

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,750 posts

Why would he want to stay?  Unless he's like a lot of Red Bull fans and he really enjoys watching Grella play, regardless of form.

There has to be a team in Argentina that would take him on a free transfer.  I don't know enough about the DP rules, but it would open the international slot.

Maybe money or liking where he lives? Who knows, his family may just like it here.  There are a lot of variables.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Maybe money or liking where he lives? Who knows, his family may just like it here.  There are a lot of variables.

Maybe.  I thought missing home, not adjusting to life here was an issue with him.  Obviously no knowledge, I just thought I remembered hearing that from pundits and whatnot.

He's in his prime, I have to think we wants to play.  If he can't get minutes ahead of Grella & Muyl, he won't see any if Bosetti is added to the mix.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I thought we had 3 roster spots?  Is that not the case?

#RedBullOut

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

There are 4 open roster spots but only 2 international spots.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There are 4 open roster spots but only 2 international spots.

Right, but there's no reason our CB has to be an international so it doesn't necessarily stop the club from chasing Quintero in theory.  They won't do it because they're fucking cheap trash ass owners, not because of int'l spots.

#RedBullOut

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Agreed, my original comment was based on the fact that I don't see them signing two attacking players regardless of roster spots, so if it's Bosetti then that will fill that need from their perspective. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users