213 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Please keep the red. My daughter is already indoctrinated into red = good guys.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
The thing that sucks about the red for me is that I can't distinguish us when we play teams also wearing dark shirts (color blind). Games against Portland are completely unwatchable, and like 40% of the other teams are a struggle.

So long as we pair the red top with white shorts against a solid dark opponent, it's ok, but otherwise, I not-so-secretly hate the red.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Why is this so difficult? Who has a problem with this and why?

I do.

They say we steal DC Uniteds color scheme......I wont be able to take it.

Also, any team in any sport introducing a black jersey for sales is bush league in my opinion. From the Falcons to the Eagles to the Jets.....or anyone else, Ive always hated it.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The thing that sucks about the red for me is that I can't distinguish us when we play teams also wearing dark shirts (color blind). Games against Portland are completely unwatchable, and like 40% of the other teams are a struggle.

So long as we pair the red top with white shorts against a solid dark opponent, it's ok, but otherwise, I not-so-secretly hate the red.

i also wanna see white n black vertical stripes or some combo of those colors too. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
We should wear the red and black USL shirts.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They say we steal DC Uniteds color scheme......I wont be able to take it.

Fuck DC United...

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

That silver shirt sucks, not a big fan of the black, but I'd like it better if they didn't have to keep that dog turd for another season.

Red primary and blue/yellow secondary is my ideal jersey combo, these other kits are for the birds.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I made the argument on Twitter about the black jersey and the heat and the reason we havent worn all black jerseys since 96.

Some folks called me out with legitimate rebuttals:
1- DC United had no problems winning titles with black Kits for years.
2- The Adidas jerseys now are a lot more breathable than the old Nike jerseys
3- We wore the really dark blue jerseys (albeit rarely) in 2011.

Although those points might be true, black or dark color Jersey's absorb the wavelength of light and converts this wavelength into heat. If a person wears a light color Jersey the Wavelength would bounce off and the temp increase is not as noticeable.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Although those points might be true, black or dark color Jersey's absorb the wavelength of light and converts this wavelength into heat. If a person wears a light color Jersey the Wavelength would bounce off and the temp increase is not as noticeable.

only a factor in day games.  We can switch out for those.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

This entire website is Red and Black for a reason.  No one has embraced the blue, the white strips we've had have all been various shades of boring.  Just go to Red and Black and stick with it, they're the club's colors.

#RedBullOut

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

What if the jersey is black with a lot of red trim on it with red numbers / player name, and the shorts are red with black trim, and the socks match? That sounds kind of awesome to me. Some inspiring transfer window activity would be most awesome though.

They remember the sales fervor they had with the red jerseys. If they do this right they can have another hit.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Some inspiring transfer window activity would be most awesome though.

They remember the sales fervor they had with the red jerseys. If they do this right they can have another hit.

transfer window activity? errrr......

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

What if the jersey is black with a lot of red trim on it with red numbers / player name, and the shorts are red with black trim, and the socks match? That sounds kind of awesome to me. Some inspiring transfer window activity would be most awesome though.

I like the idea of a red out at the arena for the one game a year they actually come close to capacity. So my preference would be to keep an all red jersey, BUT incorporate black in the shirt trim and/or the shorts.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I like the idea of a red out at the arena for the one game a year they actually come close to capacity. 

Super valid. Pero the idea of black/red/black, or black/black/red (this is the look, contrast socks) kits makes my toes curl.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

This entire website is Red and Black for a reason.  No one has embraced the blue, the white strips we've had have all been various shades of boring.  Just go to Red and Black and stick with it, they're the club's colors.

I liked the blue/yellow because it was more of a traditional soccer 2nd kit rather than a boring-ass American 'reverse color scheme for the away shirt' concept.

Let them have red and black as the main kit and them some alternate year to year like a lot of clubs do.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users