Barrakouba

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Apples

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

Heeey-yooooooooo!

It's almost time. Time for a HUGE EFFEN TIFO DISPLAY! We're talkin 10,000 flags throughout the entire stadium. It'll be glorious! But it's up to us to make it happen. Nobody needs to make banners, nobody needs to pledge their first born, but people do need to volunteer.

What's needed:
1. People to arrive early (game time is 8pm, I believe we're looking for people at around 5:45pm or so) and help distribute flags. SUPER EASY!!!

2. People to get into the stadium approx 20 minutes before kick-off, stand in a section TBD and show those fans how it's done when the signal is given (you'll be encouraging them to use the flag that they've been given instead of stashing it in their bags, and then at kick-off leading them in holding their flags up). It's super easy and you'll be back in your home section before the game is 5 minutes in. So if you have tickets in sections other than 117/118, this would be especially easy for you because you could volunteer to lead your own area! How cool!

Soooooooo, you can potentially help with both #1 & #2. This is our last regular season home game, let's make it an awesome one for both us and the players. For those who have already volunteered for #2, I will be sending out an email tomorrow with some more specifics. To volunteer for either one, you may reply to this thread or...
for #1: PM, email or call Ben Burton
for #2: PM, email or call Kari Kouba (yeah, that's me).

Rally your troops and let's make this happen! Everyone can do at least one of these!!
HAPPY VOLUNTEER DAY!!! :)
Kari

#2 BallsDeepFC

BallsDeepFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Supports:FIRE-BDFC 2004-9-SOCO WARRIORS 2009

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:40 AM

i'll help with both distro and encouragement. I get off work at 4:30 and will probably be up to the stadium around 5:15 5:30 call you then

#3 bkfiv

bkfiv

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

I can't get to the game early, but if you want help with #2 in Sect. 126, I'll do that.

#4 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:15 AM

I've gotten enough volunteers for part #1, Kari just needs help with part #2.

Woo hoo!

#5 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

You don't even have to be S8 to do this. It may work better if you aren't even, we just need leaders for each section to direct everyone to wave their flags when the rest of the stadium does; and we won't have to divert resources from 117/118.

Please do help. We've prepared this plan for six months or more and if (WHEN) it comes off it'll be something completely unprecedented and a suitable way to kick off our championship push.

#6 radmonkey

radmonkey

First Team

• PipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

It would be really nice if people cut down their tailgating/drinking 10 minutes short....by getting in their seats for the anthem and lineups in 117/118.
"Dave Checketts and SCP Worldwide partners Dean Howes, Kenneth Munoz, Michael McCarthy and Chris Bevilacqua, chose Real Salt Lake for the team's name because they desired to associate the team with a successful soccer club, and "Fire" was already taken."

#7 BallsDeepFC

BallsDeepFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Supports:FIRE-BDFC 2004-9-SOCO WARRIORS 2009

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

Kari can do her #2ing on her own. as long as it's not on the bus

#8 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:24 PM

FYI, Sector Latino is coordinating their own display to happen after the stadiumwide flags. They just ask people bring white confetti and throw it when directed to.

We will be concentrating all flags on poles in the front 5 rows of 117 and 118. SL has 117 covered and URS 118, but if you want to wave a flag for the first minutes of the match get yourself down front.

Thanks!

#9 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

Bump! Even WB05 are giving up invaluable drinking time (like 5 minutes, but that's a lot of whiskey) for this. Please help out too!
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#10 Barrakouba

Barrakouba

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

Bump! Even WB05 are giving up invaluable drinking time (like 5 minutes, but that's a lot of whiskey) for this. Please help out too!

Thanks so much to everyone for volunteering! I think we're all set and I will be sending out an email to those helping out very soon (concerning meeting up, getting flags, and execution details).

This is going to be AWESOME!!! :lol:
Kari

#11 Section 8 El Guapo

Section 8 El Guapo

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire...Beer....Women....Beer....Section 8....Beer....Women.....New England Sucks......Beer....Duck Fallas....Beer.....
  • Supports:Your mom at Polkatz

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

Thanks so much to everyone for volunteering! I think we're all set and I will be sending out an email to those helping out very soon (concerning meeting up, getting flags, and execution details).

Kari

can you tell me again what section I signed up for and when/where do we meet up?

I plan on being very very very drunk-ish
WB05

UNA VIDA...UNA MUERTE...UN CLUB

#12 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image
:cheers:
www.theredcardna.org

#13 khaugen

khaugen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Supports:CHICAGO FIRE

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

yeah, I think I signed up for this already so make sure I get that email. Thanks.
There's no such thing as a bad beer, only some are better than others. -Ben Burton

#14 Barrakouba

Barrakouba

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

A big thanks to everyone! Bad weather and low attendance kind of dampened this, but the effort was there! Way to go!

#15 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:35 AM

it's a good thing when we're calling 13k + attendance in shit wheather on a weeknight (late kick-off) "low-attendance"

too bad that it didn't go quite as planned though....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users