#1 Nudles23

Nudles23

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:01 PM

This morning, Section 8 Chicago posted an article on our website stating our intention to collect the money owed to us by the Chicago Fire.

Please note, this article and all further actions are a last resort type effort, as result of the Fire's lack of response to our requests all season to come to a resolution.

If you'd like to comment, we'd appreciate it if you made them in the comments section right on the website.

http://www.section8c...ent/view/239/1/

#2 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

Please do comment on the article itself to make your feelings known there....But we can have a general discussion here too of course. This is one of the biggest issues we've ever faced, that money is absolutely crucial to everything we do, and not receiving it has hurt us immensely this year. If it's not resolved, we have to figure out how to replace a gaping hole in the budget and damage to the core of our relationship with the club.

So...thoughts?
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#3 Barrakouba

Barrakouba

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Apples

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:11 PM

They need to quit passing the buck and have someone actually take care of this. I'm highly disappointed that Andrew would just hand this to Greeley expecting him to be able to understand or handle this, especially since he's not familiar with the history of cooperation (lately the lack of) between the Chicago Fire and Section 8, and in general the culture of soccer in general. It will take some time, but hopefully Greeley will grow to grasp what it takes for a successful supporters group to thrive in MLS and address issues concerning us in a more timely fashion. But until that time, I feel that Andrew needs to deal with this personally as of MONTHS AGO, and cut a check out to S8C today. If things are to be changed for next year, that needs to be addressed in the coming months (as well as any of their gripes about section 117), but they need to fulfill their commitment made for the 2008 season first.

#4 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

It's important to point out the 'commission' has been in place since 2004 and has never been contingent on stadium damages or anything else. This is a very consequential sum that has has impeded our abilities to conduct both supporter and charitable activities this year. The Fire also has not indicated to us what the bench damage costs are.

It's also important to emphasize we EARNED this money, it is not a grant or subsidy. It is ours. We promoted the sales of season tickets this past year based on this return to the ISA. This is a percentage of ticket sales (season tickets and gameday) that we promote as being partially beneficial to the ISA to support what we do. Also, it's worthwhile to mention the Fire already reneged on extending the 'commission' to 117 even though we also promote ticket sales in that section as well; while the damaged benches have nearly all been in 117, a section the Fire still does not acknowledge our control over and whose benches have not been reinforced like the ones in 118.

#5 chileno18

chileno18

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Interests:futbol<br /><br />MY CLUBS:<br />*Chicago Fire <br />*River Plate<br />*Univ. Catolica<br />*Villareal CF
  • Supports:FIRE, River, U.Catolica, CHILE

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

can they pay us back with free beer? or free season tix for next season? :cheers:

#6 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

This was a pretty big hindrance this year, especially during the second half of the season. We ran I think ten buses this year.

1 KC #1
3 Columbus
1 Peoria
2 Toronto
1 KC #2
2 Columbus

One bus to KC #2 was canceled and on the rest of the trips we lost money to help get people there. I busted my ass last year and during the off season pushing sales so we could do what we did this year more easily than ever before. Instead the board (and plenty of individuals) had to work really fucking extra hard to make up for the hole in the budget. It's a dick move by the FO.

#7 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

can they pay us back with free beer? or free season tix for next season? :cheers:

Free beer, free tickets, free shirts, free whatever doesn't pay bus companies, front merchandise costs, or pay for new flags/banners.

The ISA has a budget, and these monies have been a significant part of it for many years now. We weren't able to do all we could to help people support the Fire this past season because it was withheld. Not to mention the loss of the MB which is worth a substantial amount itself, both financially and in the maintenance of our image as fans.

#8 tonyz

tonyz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

That's why i should base me renewing my season tickets this next year depending on how soon we get that $. Other wise i will not renew

#9 KineticSolution

KineticSolution

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:Fire, GNAA, Your Mom, USA

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

At what point should a lawsuit/arbitration (or threat of) come into play? If this is a contract and they're holding it in abeyance, then legal recourse is necessary.

#10 Montag

Montag

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

At what point should a lawsuit/arbitration (or threat of) come into play? If this is a contract and they're holding it in abeyance, then legal recourse is necessary.

We do have a team of lawyers providing advice on how to proceed.

#11 ciudadcentral

ciudadcentral

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

This is atrocious.
In years past, when did S8 receive the funds? Pre-season, mid-season, end-of-season?

And is there one person that has been the logjam? When you had a meeting, did they bring in someone irrelevant like Klopas?

Combined with the new ticket deal, I'm thinking that they're not too interested in working with S8.

I sure hope this is resolved before the FWFK Kickoff Luncheon. Heh heh heh.

#12 Marcin

Marcin

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

The payment of the stipend/dividend was always delayed. In 2005 and 2006 the payments were delayed by several months.

#13 lxfwentzer

lxfwentzer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Supports:FIRE TILL I DIE

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

Judge Judy their ass.

#14 Nudles23

Nudles23

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

Free beer, free tickets, free shirts, free whatever doesn't pay bus companies, front merchandise costs, or pay for new flags/banners.

The ISA has a budget, and these monies have been a significant part of it for many years now. We weren't able to do all we could to help people support the Fire this past season because it was withheld. Not to mention the loss of the MB which is worth a substantial amount itself, both financially and in the maintenance of our image as fans.

It's significant also to note that the money not only goes to buses, merchandise, flags and banner, but also to charitable donations.

Section 8 Chicago is NPF...we don't spend extravagantly and line our pockets with this money...we use it for the betterment of all aspects of the Fire and their fans...

People often pigeon hole our efforts as to benefitting only those that sit in the Harlem End on games days...Next time you're on a road trip ask people around you where they sit...it's not only in section 117 & 118...they are fans from all over the stadium...same for watch parties and other events.

#15 Hammer of God

Hammer of God

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire; MUFC; Apple Inc.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

Use these tactics and I'm sure you'll get the money.

Ben Burton to Dave Greely "WHERE'S OUR MONEY MAN?"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users